There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Patrick Willis - None better

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I think back on watching players like Montana, Lott, Rice, and other NFL greats and I can't say that I truly appreciated the opportunity of watching their greatness at the time. I'm not making that mistake with Willis. He is playing at that rare special level that rarely ever comes along, so I view watching him as a special treat. He's going to be a future Hall of Famer one day, and the views you have of him right now are going to be the memories you have of him twenty years from now. Take special joy in watching now.

100%! I bought his jersey his rookie season, after just watching some of his college footage. The guy has that rare playmaking ability and we saw all his gears in motion last sunday and that confidence will follow that defense going into next week, can't wait!
not to mention on the stats...
1 QB taken out already... (not for the season) but still
Originally posted by strickac:
He's quickly becoming my favorite player of All-time.

IMO, he's easily our best pass rusher, even though he's not really in a situation to showcase that. We saw a glimpse of it this weekend, but wait until we get some better pass rushers around him and the team is able to "open it up" a little more with different schemes.

it's usually not a very good ending for opposing offenses when Willis is cut loose on a blitz up the gut...in fact it is usually very nasty
you forgot to list that he also plays for a winning team
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
Originally posted by strickac:
He's quickly becoming my favorite player of All-time.

IMO, he's easily our best pass rusher, even though he's not really in a situation to showcase that. We saw a glimpse of it this weekend, but wait until we get some better pass rushers around him and the team is able to "open it up" a little more with different schemes.

it's usually not a very good ending for opposing offenses when Willis is cut loose on a blitz up the gut...in fact it is usually very nasty

It's impressive how fast he closes on the QB. It's unreal. I don't that I've ever seen a player excel at all aspect of the game. He really has no holes in his game. Thankfully, he's on our side.
Clearly after one game willis needs to be doing that more often.
i predict 4 td's for Willis this year...which is awesome for a mlb!
i would not trade p willis for ANY defensive player in the NFL.

In fact....

I would only trade him for a QB.

You can build a defensive Franchise around him.