LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Patrick Willis - None better

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking at stats through the first quarter of the 09 season and was really impressed with the numbers he has put up so far...

For all NFL Linebackers.

7th in Total Tackles (37)
3rd-t in Solo Tackles (29)
7th in Sacks (2.5)
1st-t in Pass Defensed (5)
1st in Interceptions (2)
Only Linebacker to score a TD

On pace for a DPOY run this season!!!
Patrick Willis man this guy is a god! a true pro!
5 passes defensed? that is legit son
Originally posted by teeohh:

And one the QB sure wish he hadn't thrown.
Good first post Slava.. Most noobs don't bring much to the table the first time, but you did..
Patrick Willis is the best MLB in the game IMO.

But I'd put Suggs and James Harrison above him right now if we are talking all LBers.

David Harris on the NY Jets is having a great start too.

Same with Mike Peterson of Atlanta.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Good first post Slava.. Most noobs don't bring much to the table the first time, but you did..

Thanks, this site is quite possibly the greatest thing ever. Definitely going to hurt my productivity at work though.

Watching the games, we all know he is a dominant force every play, but to see it on the stat sheet is mind boggling. He contributes in every category. Hard pressed to find another backer that impacts the game as completely as P-52. And coach Sing says he's just scratching the surface... as if offensive coordinators are not losing enough sleep already game planning for this guy!

Looking pretty crappy in coverage right about now
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Looking pretty crappy in coverage right about now

horrible. cut him.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
James Harrison

100% over rated...

as i stated in the other thread, he plays in a system that inflates linebacker sacks...he isnt good in coverage, and is slow...ala larry fitzgerald, missing a tackle, falling down, and then catching back up with him in the superbowl interception..

he would be an average player in most base 3-4 systems, and would be a terrible backer in a 4-3..

I think back on watching players like Montana, Lott, Rice, and other NFL greats and I can't say that I truly appreciated the opportunity of watching their greatness at the time. I'm not making that mistake with Willis. He is playing at that rare special level that rarely ever comes along, so I view watching him as a special treat. He's going to be a future Hall of Famer one day, and the views you have of him right now are going to be the memories you have of him twenty years from now. Take special joy in watching now.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I think back on watching players like Montana, Lott, Rice, and other NFL greats and I can't say that I truly appreciated the opportunity of watching their greatness at the time. I'm not making that mistake with Willis. He is playing at that rare special level that rarely ever comes along, so I view watching him as a special treat. He's going to be a future Hall of Famer one day, and the views you have of him right now are going to be the memories you have of him twenty years from now. Take special joy in watching now.

Definitely worth the Sunday Ticket sticker or the sports bar tab.
Originally posted by islavistan:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Thanks, this site is quite possibly the greatest thing ever. Definitely going to hurt my productivity at work though.

Watching the games, we all know he is a dominant force every play, but to see it on the stat sheet is mind boggling. He contributes in every category. Hard pressed to find another backer that impacts the game as completely as P-52. And coach Sing says he's just scratching the surface... as if offensive coordinators are not losing enough sleep already game planning for this guy!

Completely agree & great post.
He's very good and playing incredible this season.
He's quickly becoming my favorite player of All-time.

IMO, he's easily our best pass rusher, even though he's not really in a situation to showcase that. We saw a glimpse of it this weekend, but wait until we get some better pass rushers around him and the team is able to "open it up" a little more with different schemes.
Share 49ersWebzone