There are 172 users in the forums

Why don't we take advantage of the hard count?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hill has a pretty good hard count and has gotten a few DLinemen to jump across, but he waits for them to reset before calling hike. We should take advantage of those free plays!
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Hill has a pretty good hard count and has gotten a few DLinemen to jump across, but he waits for them to reset before calling hike. We should take advantage of those free plays!

Agreed, he got them offside against the Vikings but it didn't get called and it ended up giving the D and advantage. The niners have been getting a little screwed with calls most of the year (excluding the Rams game) so maybe he feels it'd be safer to just know who's blitzing and keep the D off balance but not necessarily get a penalty call.
Even better question...Why aren't we calling audibles when they stack the line with 8-9 players?
We probably don't use the hard count becuase our OLine sucks and would probably false start.
its not hard enough
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Even better question...Why aren't we calling audibles when they stack the line with 8-9 players?

Because there is no need to. According to Raye, the other team putting 8 in the box gives us the opportunity to add an 8th blocker. So, you see, the other team gets no benefit from putting 8 in the box because we block them all anyway...

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A

How do you know there not?

It looked like Shaun was making a lot of audibles last game. I only got to watch the first quarter, but I saw a few.
Originally posted by valrod33:
its not hard enough

That's what she said.
Originally posted by Nabisko:

How do you know there not?

You can usually tell when a QB is changing a play pre-snap. I don't see a lot of it either.

• ihab
  • Veteran
I agree, if you watch the game against Arizona, they anticipated the snap count and were in our backfield just as gore got the ball, same with the Minnesota game. I think Hill needs to do more hard counts to keep the D line guessing.
Originally posted by ihab:
I agree, if you watch the game against Arizona, they anticipated the snap count and were in our backfield just as gore got the ball, same with the Minnesota game. I think Hill needs to do more hard counts to keep the D line guessing.

they were away games, and in a dome of all places... i doubt you see brett favre doing a lot of hard counts away from home in a dome..
because the announcers said brett favre had the best hard count in all of football so we're not aloud to use it
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
because the announcers said brett favre had the best hard count in all of football so we're not aloud to use it

Well, that's what Favre brings to the game.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Well, that's what Favre brings to the game.

i think that big fat version of ulbrich who covered the game against the vikes is half retarded, he sounded like the biggest dumbass on earth during that broadcast
Share 49ersWebzone