There are 284 users in the forums

Mike Nolan Built this Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He also gave us Alex Smith.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by jreff22:

........nuff said!

O'Sullivan was more Martz than Nolan.

Nolan's problem wasnt getting talent (Gore, Davis, Lawson, Willis, and yes even Smith) it was developing talent especially in guys like Smith and Davis. Davis seems to be flourishing now but Alex is probably permanently damaged goods (at least in SF).

And I agree that ultimately I think Alex-gate was the beginning of the end. People really saw the "real" Mike Nolan after that. He was exposed as the cunning little prick that he is.

I don't buy that argument, if Nolan wanted him out he could of benched him......just like Sing.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

........nuff said!

O'Sullivan was more Martz than Nolan.

He didnt exactly have joe montana sittin on the bench to bring in

Nolan's problem wasnt getting talent (Gore, Davis, Lawson, Willis, and yes even Smith) it was developing talent especially in guys like Smith and Davis. Davis seems to be flourishing now but Alex is probably permanently damaged goods (at least in SF).

And I agree that ultimately I think Alex-gate was the beginning of the end. People really saw the "real" Mike Nolan after that. He was exposed as the cunning little prick that he is.

I don't buy that argument, if Nolan wanted him out he could of benched him......just like Sing.
JTO is the TRUTH!!!
mike nolan brought the supplies. Mike Singletary is still building it.
McCloughan deserves as much or more credit than Nolan for putting together the team.

But I agree with the spirit of the thread: Nolan helped lay the foundation for what we have today--including Singletary--and while we have a ways to go still, we should give him a tip of the hat.
He helped some, but his stubbornness also put us in the position we were.
singletary himself said that he knew what nolan was trying to get done but the players werent buying it from him...which leads me to the following point about the players: I dont care what you think, if your getting payed millions of dollars you betta buy into whatever the &$#$ your coach tells you. Maybe Nolan assumed the players knew this. Maybe he didnt feel like he had to "motivate" them because they are already at the nfl its their freaking job to be motivated.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It helps to have multiple high draft picks year in year out because your team can't win....
Originally posted by pupsingh:
singletary himself said that he knew what nolan was trying to get done but the players werent buying it from him...which leads me to the following point about the players: I dont care what you think, if your getting payed millions of dollars you betta buy into whatever the &$#$ your coach tells you. Maybe Nolan assumed the players knew this. Maybe he didnt feel like he had to "motivate" them because they are already at the nfl its their freaking job to be motivated.

Would you buy into Tom Cable?

Originally posted by RonMexico:

........nuff said!

Patrick Willis's greatness alone>>> then JTO's suckage...nuff said

stop talking about nolan

nuff said

you are the funniest guy i've seen on the zone so far mr. mexico.... nuff said
Nolan sucked as a HC.. Apparently he is a good DC though, judging from what the Denver defense has done so far this year.

I sure don't miss his press conferences.

He also ruined Alex Smith as far as I am concerned.
Nolan has a plan?

Would you buy into Tom Cable?

You have to, or else he'll punch you in the face.
this maybe a nolan built team but he couldn't coach'em so i don't know bout you but i'll take coach sig. if i'm not mistaken, our gm had alot of imput on who we got even tho nolan had final say. he also has got players here on his own too. to me it not about who builds the team but who they run it. As long as the gm keeps bringing in good to great players & sign keeps coaching them like he is I'LL TAKE IT. go niners every day all day!!!
Share 49ersWebzone