There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our linebacker core the best in the league (combined LB's)

Is our linebacker core the best in the league (combined LB's)

Alot of you rank Takeo as average, please realize that Takeo has been a force in this league for a long time, he's had longevity ala junior seau . Takeo is above average at worse.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
I do not understand all the hate for Manny Lawson, he is one of the best OLB's in football right now and he is THE BEST as setting the edge in football. He is just as big a reason for our toughness against the run as Willis is. Manny Lawson is a beast who OC'S have to gameplan a runblocking scheme against bc if u don't account for him he will find ur RB. Is he great as a pure passrusher? No but Manny Lawson is more than average and is a straight out stud against the run and in coverage, open ur eyes people this game is not only about sacks and pressures by forcing a team to be one dimensional(I.E not letting them run) u force their hand and allow ur defense to control the tempo of the game.

I agree - Manny is great at setting the edge, playing the run, etc. If you want to say he's "THE BEST" at it, than I won't argue that too much. I like Manny at SOLB, despite his lack of passrush.

But I don't think Manny & Parys are anywhere close to being the best overall combination of OLB's in the league (which I realize isn't what you are saying either).

I just mean that its our OLB that are preventing us from laying claim to the "best LB corp in the league" title. We need more than just two solid starters at OLB to claim that imo.
2008 Linebacker (OLB/ILB) & Sacks

DeMarcus Ware 20.0
Joey Porter 17.5
James Harrison 16.0
LaMarr Woodley 11.5
Greg Ellis 8.0
Parys Haralson 8.0
Bradie James 8.0
Terrell Suggs 8.0
Shaun Phillips 7.5
Calvin Pace 7.0
Chad Greenway 5.5
Bryan Thomas 5.5
Jyles Tucker 5.5
Jarret Johnson 5.0
Julian Peterson 5.0
Matt Roth 5.0
Adalius Thomas 5.0
Lawrence Timmons 5.0
Chike Okeafor 4.5
David Bowens 4.0
Karlos Dansby 4.0
Kawika Mitchell 4.0
Mike Vrabel 4.0
Kamerion Wimbley 4.0
Thomas Davis 3.5
James Farrior 3.5
Roderick Green 3.5
Ray Lewis 3.5
Alex Hall 3.0
A.J. Hawk 3.0
Manny Lawson 3.0
Barrett Ruud 3.0
Pisa Tinoisamoa 3.0
Charlie Anderson 2.5
Omar Gaither 2.5
Marques Harris 2.5
Jameel McClain 2.5
Daryl Smith 2.5
D.J. Williams 2.5
Kevin Burnett 2.0
Chris Gocong 2.0
Clint Ingram 2.0
D'Qwell Jackson 2.0
Rocky McIntosh 2.0
Scott Shanle 2.0
Nate Webster 2.0
Eric Barton 1.5
Stephen Cooper 1.5
Larry Foote 1.5
Derrick Johnson 1.5
Brandon Johnson 1.5
Ben Leber 1.5
Paris Lenon 1.5
Ryan Nece 1.5
Antonio Pierce 1.5
Bart Scott 1.5
Anthony Spencer 1.5

Good place to start but it's a good question. Collectively, our four LB's are playing very well right now
I don't know if we are the best LB group, but we are certainly one of the deepest, with very little drop off between starters and subs. The thing is the L:'s are the most displined unit on the team and all credit is due to the Singletary and Manusky