There are 147 users in the forums

Is our linebacker core the best in the league (combined LB's)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is our linebacker core the best in the league (combined LB's)

Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

No other team is on our level. Pitt is close, Balt close Bears farther behind
Ware is the best OLB

this is really debatable, he is the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB, he is basically a defensive end that stands up, he is really nothing special in coverage, and very very pedestrian in that area...

suggs is nearly as good rushing the passer and is FAR better in coverage...and then there are quite a few other OLB's in the league that are coverage aces in regards to linebackers in coverage..

my top total package OLB's in both the 3-4 and 4-3 would be..

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

Lawson is now making a strong case to be 4-5 on this list with his instincts to the ball, coverage skills, and newly refreshed ability to also put pressure on the passer..

a one sided player doesnt create a complete player..

umm.. you included an aging julian peterson over freaking james harrison? Okay...
Originally posted by E-49er:
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

Ware is the best OLB

this is really debatable, he is the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB, he is basically a defensive end that stands up, he is really nothing special in coverage, and very very pedestrian in that area...

suggs is nearly as good rushing the passer and is FAR better in coverage...and then there are quite a few other OLB's in the league that are coverage aces in regards to linebackers in coverage..

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

Lawson is now making a strong case to be 4-5 on this list with his instincts to the ball, coverage skills, and newly refreshed ability to also put pressure on the passer..

Thats a nice set of OLB's now what about inside? Its a different skill level and Not one MLB? No Willis, No Ray Lewis,No Urlacher? C'mon man.

That's what he was listing...top OLBs.
  • username
  • Info N/A
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

Ware is the best OLB

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

Thats a nice set of OLB's now what about inside? Its a different skill level and Not one MLB? No Willis, No Ray Lewis,No Urlacher? C'mon man.

as you stated "Thats a nice set of OLB's". idiot.
Originally posted by username:
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

Ware is the best OLB

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

vtb.
  • username
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

Ware is the best OLB

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

vtb.

what is that mean, vtb?
what is that mean, vtb?

vtb = vote to ban.

I'm just joking around, but you can't go around calling people idiot's on here. We don't roll like that homie.
I think Pitts got the best linebackers because they were pretty much dominant the entire season last year.
If we can continue to play like we have against the good teams in the future, I'll place them right up there.
Willis = the best LB
Spikes - very good
Haralson - good
Lawson - good

Ware is the best OLB

Suggs
Briggs
Ware
Peterson

haha, thank you...

exactly, why would i list inside linebackers on a list of outside backers?

as for the guy who questions me listing peterson over harrison...again, harrison is a one trick pony as well...in coverage last night, the look on his face when he was forced to cause a PI to assist him, then doesnt even work and he gets called for it...was hilarious..

peterson is still good in coverage, can still get to the football, and can rush the passer...

not to mention harrison plays in the system that is known to inflate sack stats, look at the players who have left town and found SO much success..the guy would be a terrible linebacker in a 4-3....and a total package linebacker is a guy who can perform in both..

and speaking of that, Lawson may be the only player in the league since Tedy Bruschi to go from a down position in college to a standing backer position in a hybrid system having to play OLB in a 4-3 occasionally, and being solid in that role..
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
what is that mean, vtb?

vtb = vote to ban.

I'm just joking around, but you can't go around calling people idiot's on here. We don't roll like that homie.

That is correct. Although, we are allowed to call them a n00b, if the shoe fits them. Seeing as how the shoe does fit in this case, I'll just piggyback onto your comment Mr. Method:

Homie n00B.
Corps

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Corps

True dat.
First off Im not being a homer but I believe if Willis was put @ OLB in a 3-4 he'd be the best in the league, if he was put @ the OLB in 4-3 he'd be the best in the league . He is the best LB in NFL period. My top 10 LBers are.

1. Willis
2. Lewis
3. Ware
4. Beason
5. Suggs
6. Porter
7. Harrison
8. Briggs
9. Fletcher
10. Harris

Top 5 LB cores
1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. SF
4. Dallas
5. Min
Ware
Tckls. / Sacks.
16 / 0

Lawson
Tckls. / Sacks
23 / .5

Why does everybody think demarcus ware is playing better?? why would you rather have demarcus ware? i think Manny Lawson plays the best against the run and is just as good as anyone in the nfl.... i don't care if he doesn't have as many sacks as the best pass rushers..... manny is the reason we are so great against the run.... i believe we got a great linebacker core.... i wouldn't change anybody on it... we're solid

[ Edited by TexasNiner84 on Oct 6, 2009 at 09:21:19 ]
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Ware
Tckls. / Sacks.
16 / 0

Lawson
Tckls. / Sacks
23 / .5

Why does everybody think demarcus ware is playing better?? why would you rather have demarcus ware? i think Manny Lawson plays the best against the run and is just as good as anyone in the nfl.... i don't care if he doesn't have as many sacks as the best pass rushers..... manny is the reason we are so great against the run.... i believe we got a great linebacker core.... i wouldn't change anybody on it... we're solid

That's like posting Ed Reed's stats this year next to Mark Roman then saying I'd rather have Mark Roman. You know Ed Reed doesn't have a pick so far this year why would you want him? He's not a ballhawk.

Demarcus Ware is the best pass rushing outside linebacker in football. That being said if we grabbed Ware he'd take Haralson's job not Lawson's so I really don't see the comparision here. They play different roles in the defense.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2009 at 09:32:49 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Ware
Tckls. / Sacks.
16 / 0

Lawson
Tckls. / Sacks
23 / .5

That's like posting Ed Reed's stats this year next to Mark Roman then saying I'd rather have Mark Roman. You know Ed Reed doesn't have a pick so far this year why would you want him? He's not a ballhawk.

Demarcus Ware is the best pass rushing outside linebacker in football. That being said if we grabbed Ware he'd take Haralson's job not Lawson's so I really don't see the comparision here. They play different roles in the defense.

THIS
Share 49ersWebzone