There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Magic Look=wildcat on defense?

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England has been doing it for years.

What makes it effective is it makes it easy to perform stunts, twists, or go back in coverage while you're standing up. You can easily stunt when you're on a 3-point stance.

Stunts and twists is the reason we gave up a game winning TD to Farve on that last play.

I'm not saying that it's a bad defense or anything, or that there's anything wrong with it. I guess I'm still ticked that while our defense was twirling around, Favre sidestepped all that hullabaloo and yeah...
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

What makes it effective is it makes it easy to perform stunts, twists, or go back in coverage while you're standing up. You can easily stunt when you're on a 3-point stance.

Stunts and twists is the reason we gave up a game winning TD to Farve on that last play.

I'm not saying that it's a bad defense or anything, or that there's anything wrong with it. I guess I'm still ticked that while our defense was twirling around, Favre sidestepped all that hullabaloo and yeah...

we didnt rush enough guys on that play and manny lawson was the primary rusher, it shoulda been ahmad brooks or harelson, favre woulda been on the ground instead of throwing a HUGE "f**k you" to our beloved 49ers. i like manny lawson but he woulda been the last person i rushed in that situation, he woulda been better in the endzone since he's tall and can jump so he can deflect the hail mary
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

we didnt rush enough guys on that play and manny lawson was the primary rusher, it shoulda been ahmad brooks or harelson, favre woulda been on the ground instead of throwing a HUGE "f**k you" to our beloved 49ers. i like manny lawson but he woulda been the last person i rushed in that situation, he woulda been better in the endzone since he's tall and can jump so he can deflect the hail mary

Yeah, Lawson was soft on that play, but that stunt to free up Smith didn't work either. The Vikes' line was able to put a man on him and just push the other two aside and give Favre a nice pocket to throw from.

They should have just rushed straight up and maybe blitz a LB up the middle. Oh well.