There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Magic Look=wildcat on defense?

New name for a scheme thats been going on for years

examples: Pittsburgh and Baltimore
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
wow.. what a dumb thread. teams do this every week. wild cat for defense? hahahahaha.

no one likes you
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
wow.. what a dumb thread. teams do this every week. wild cat for defense? hahahahaha.

no one likes you

Originally posted by RonMexico:

Nice....the "Magic" ManUSKY.
Originally posted by King49er:

no one likes you

LMAO
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

no one likes you

LMAO

i wonder where he puts that burrito?
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Behold! Manuskys Magic Look

i think we have an advantage in this over other teams. our 3-4 DEs are more athletic than most. hellJ smith was hinted at playing OLB. so we are more of threat to drop in coverage.
there was actually an old thread where a former poster (NolanNonsense?) was saying how you had to have a certain amount of guys on the line of scrimmage to be in a legal formation, then the Pats used the look against the Colts. There were screencaps and everything, they even put it in Madden.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
there was actually an old thread where a former poster (NolanNonsense?) was saying how you had to have a certain amount of guys on the line of scrimmage to be in a legal formation, then the Pats used the look against the Colts. There were screencaps and everything, they even put it in Madden.

Yeah if it gets in Madden, then its been around a while.

All it really is, is something different for the o-line to look at.
Once in a while a DE going into coverage will work, but if you saw Aaron Kampman (sic) last night you see what happens when you take a value pass rusher and try to change the scheme. It just doesn't work. Sure once or twice, but not on a regular basis.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

no one likes you

LMAO

i wonder where he puts that burrito?

I don't.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
i didnt notice others doing this, my bad guys. i think its really effective tho, other teams seem very confused when we do this

The Commentators speak as though we are using it exclusively. But who knows.

True, but we're the team that has given the formation a cool name.

Kind of like WCO.

-9fA
I like it. It's a change of pace and it seems like it's effective, but they can't kill off the Wildcat or the Tazer soon enough for me.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
well, NE has been doing it for few years now. I think Pittsburgh has as well.

In any effect, the magic is more effective than the house-cat.

I have seen it as far back as ~2001