There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Magic Look=wildcat on defense?

do you guys think Manusky's "magic look" will become a huge trend like miami's wildcat did these last couple years? i think its a great idea, teams don't know what to expect and it seems like our guys get a head start on the O-line when we do this. in the offseason we should hide manusky in an underground chamber so other teams wont steal him. the magic look is a keeper and so is manusky
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
do you guys think Manusky's "magic look" will become a huge trend like miami's wildcat did these last couple years? i think its a great idea, teams don't know what to expect and it seems like our guys get a head start on the O-line when we do this. in the offseason we should hide manusky in an underground chamber so other teams wont steal him. the magic look is a keeper and so is manusky

What's that?? When the DL stands up and the LB's loom near the LOS so you dont know who's coming?? I've seen it before with other teams.
well, NE has been doing it for few years now. I think Pittsburgh has as well.

In any effect, the magic is more effective than the house-cat.
I think Pittsburgh and Balitmore do this all the time (or they used to).

They dont call it Magic though
i didnt notice others doing this, my bad guys. i think its really effective tho, other teams seem very confused when we do this
Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England has been doing it for years.

What makes it effective is it makes it easy to perform stunts, twists, or go back in coverage while you're standing up. You can easily stunt when you're on a 3-point stance.
i didnt notice others doing this, my bad guys. i think its really effective tho, other teams seem very confused when we do this

It's a pass rushing technique that's been around since the AFL. I think it's effectiveness is directly related to the coverage down field, as the defense is often playing zone in a passing situation. Also, this allows players to focus on the rush in a no huddle situation.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
well, NE has been doing it for few years now. I think Pittsburgh has as well.

In any effect, the magic is more effective than the house-cat.

i like that, haven't heard it before
wow.. what a dumb thread. teams do this every week. wild cat for defense? hahahahaha.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
wow.. what a dumb thread. teams do this every week. wild cat for defense? hahahahaha.

amazing post

wow...
Originally posted by Digger25:

ha! I was thinking haven't i seen this for a very long time? why would this be new in 2009? no coach ever would try and stand up his dline?
When the Browns came back as an expansion team, I remember them doing the same thing except they called it "The UFO". They're guys would do more standing around though so the QB couldn't read anything. It was kinda lame, offenses would just snap faster and catch them out of position.

The Commentators speak as though we are using it exclusively. But who knows.