LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

My apologies on Aubrayo Franklin, and Manny Lawson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Lawson has been impressive so far...hard for me to say but I will reserve judgment until he's managed to play at this high a level for an entire season...if he does then I'll eat my crow and look forward to seeing him play for us.
yup
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Lawson has been impressive so far...hard for me to say but I will reserve judgment until he's managed to play at this high a level for an entire season...if he does then I'll eat my crow and look forward to seeing him play for us.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"

Originally posted by kronik:
Why isn't the anti-McCloughan crowd apologizing to McCloughan? Most of them were ragging on Scotty for his 1st round picks but now that VD and Lawson have proven NOT to be busts, where is the love?

Besides for Smith, his picks have been excellent. The only other unproven player is Balmer who is a late 1st rounder from last year.

Not to mention his very good record of free agent aquisitions (Clements, J Smith, W Harris, D Bly, Spikes).

I wonder this as well, credit is due where it's deserved.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Aubrayo Franklin has made the biggest turnaround I've ever seen from a NT.

After the Suit left he has been a very very good player. He was a door mat in Nolan's system. Now he plays Pro Bowl football.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by verb1der:
Why isn't the anti-McCloughan crowd apologizing to McCloughan? Most of them were ragging on Scotty for his 1st round picks but now that VD and Lawson have proven NOT to be busts, where is the love?

Besides for Smith, his picks have been excellent. The only other unproven player is Balmer who is a late 1st rounder from last year.

Not to mention his very good record of free agent aquisitions (Clements, J Smith, W Harris, D Bly, Spikes).

Also look at this year's draft. Gore goes down and our 3rd round pick steps in, Nate Davis could be the QB of the future, McKillop scored a touchdown last weekend, AND he essentially traded Everette Brown for a 1st round pick. I think he's done an excellent job as GM (except for passing on Aaron Rodgers and DeSean Jackson...)
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Also look at this year's draft. Gore goes down and our 3rd round pick steps in, Nate Davis could be the QB of the future, McKillop scored a touchdown last weekend, AND he essentially traded Everette Brown for a 1st round pick. I think he's done an excellent job as GM (except for passing on Aaron Rodgers and DeSean Jackson...)

Very good points!

Mckillop and Coffee are two players with characters that perfectly fit into this team! And the Panther's 1st pick, I'm lovin that!!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
We need to draft offensive lineman before anything.

Co-signed. How anyone can be looking to draft at any position outside of OL and maybe QB first and foremost is beyond me?

QB or OL (and we need the best RT and LG available) should be our top priorities. On the subject of Lawson and Franklin, both of them have played good to great all year. I always liked Lawson, for his punt/kick blocking ability, ability to cover some of the more athletic TEs and RBs in the league, run support, and the occasional sack. He clearly figures into the longterm future of the team. However, we still need to get acquire a dominant pass rusher.

Because they both would be an under use of picks. Rarely should an OL be picked in the first round and everything suggest that the team already has its future QB in Nate Davis. I suspect that the majority of the league's all pro OL men were NOT first round picks. And to waste a first round pick on a QB; when there is talent available to upgrade other areas; and nothing suggest that Davis will not develop, is simply not not that smart.
That's big of you................

There are alot of players on the Niners who are surpassing pre-season expectations. Franklin, Lawson, V. Davis, McDonald, Clements, etc. Can't wait to see them take on the Falcons this weekend!

Share 49ersWebzone