LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Peter King says Jerry Rice is not the best WR in history

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Rice had played for the Giants, Eagles, 'Skins or another prominent East Coast team, King would be singing a different tune. As good a reporter as he is in many other respects, he's an East Coast homer and always will be. He's in the very distinct minority of reporters who don't believe Rice is the best of all time.
Originally posted by KID9R:
First off RICE IS THE BEST! That said, I think that the quality in corners in Rice's Era was offset by the advantage corners had in Hudson's era. There was no Illegal contact or pass interference, the db's were allowed to mug the receivers.

Although this is true with what the defenses got away with back then, the fact is, you can't name a great corner from that era. Rice isn't just the best because of numbers alone. The competition argument is the same one I use to argue why Joe Montana is better than Tom Brady. He faced the absolute greatest pass rushers and some of the greatest defenses to ever play the game.

To compare the competition Hutson faced to what the great receivers (including Jerry Rice) is laughable.
zilla...
Originally posted by RonMexico:
zilla...

wut wut

in da butt
Peter King, still mentally handicapped.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
zilla...

wut wut

in da butt

Originally posted by Winners:
Yeah, Pete Rose isn't the best hitter in baseball history because Ty Cobb had more of an impact on the game

Pete Rose ISN'T the best hitter in baseball history. Not even close. One of the most overrated players ever, yes.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Although he'll never get into the Hall because he's so controversial, Deion Sanders in his prime was the best cover corner I've seen play. He hated to tackle, but he would shout down your fastest guy. Oh and if you made a mistake while throwing to his side, he had the speed to break it for a pick 6. Rice faced Deion most of his career.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Aug 8, 2010 at 14:07:58 ]

Rice hardly ever lined up against Deion. Deion usually covered the split end, which was usually John Taylor. Only in the 1993 49ers @ Falcons game did Deion cover Rice most of the game.
Love Jerry but Sanders owned him whenever they lined up.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Peter King has long been known as a massive Niner hater..

move along..

I generally don't resort to personal attacks, but this guy is just an all around jerk.
Peter King is a queen and hack.
Share 49ersWebzone