Colts are 49ers measuring stick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ram9er:
Ya lets worry about atlanta first

get outta here!
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Yes, they are going to be difficult, but the 49ers are going to have a real test next week against the Falcons first. That should be a good game, a tough game. I wonder if that game might merit the A team announcers at Fox; it's got to be one of the top games of week 5 throughout the NFL.

Who are FOX's A-Team announcers? I rather enjoyed John Lynch and... who was that, Ron Pitts?

Ron is nice. we get him a lot. Fox A team is troy and buck! we will probably have then next week. considering the games on fox next week. this should be a headline game

I'd love to hear joe buck but doesn't he do the baseball playoffs for fox in october?
One week at a time 3-1 for now 3-0 in the division we need to just focus on the Falcons and going into the bye 4-1. Then get anyone healthy that's banged up, hopefully sign Crabtree, get B.Jones into rhythm, figure out who our PR is now that Rossum appears to be out. Way to much to do to look to the Colts is my point.
The Colts are way too far in the future to worry about. The Falcons will be another good test, just like the Vikings. They can run the ball with Turner and now have Tony Gonzales to help out their good 2nd year QB, Matt Ryan. The Niners should be able to move the ball against their defense, because they are not as good as the Vikings. Good thing we are playing them at home. The Falcons are much better on turf. Can't wait for next weekend.........bring it on!
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Yes, they are going to be difficult, but the 49ers are going to have a real test next week against the Falcons first. That should be a good game, a tough game. I wonder if that game might merit the A team announcers at Fox; it's got to be one of the top games of week 5 throughout the NFL.

Who are FOX's A-Team announcers? I rather enjoyed John Lynch and... who was that, Ron Pitts?

Ron is nice. we get him a lot. Fox A team is troy and buck! we will probably have then next week. considering the games on fox next week. this should be a headline game

I'd love to hear joe buck but doesn't he do the baseball playoffs for fox in october?

i cried a little when i say that
In all honesty I think the colts are too much for any team to handle....with that offense they have...the niner D will have to play a perfect game just to hang around and maybe steal the game.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
After schooling Seattle another NFC West team, my friend who's a big Colts fan said "We'll see if your team is for real when you come to Indy in week 8". Unlike years past, I can't wait.
Of course let's get past Atlanta and Houston 1st.

let's see after the Falcons game where we stand.
Sorry about posting about the future, but I haven't been this proud of my team for a long while. With Indy near the top for the last decade or so, he's just acting like me in the 80's and 90s when our team was the standard of excellence.
Last post about Indy. They are one of the few teams that can throw a screen pass 10yds from the endzone. And two ways to slow a Manning led offense, a 3-4 D where anyone can blitz, and a strong ball control offense.

[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Oct 4, 2009 at 20:45:45 ]
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I agree one week at a time we have alot on our plate as it is. The Colts are killing the NFC West it would be nice to represent!!
Originally posted by Nabisko:
I agree one week at a time we have alot on our plate as it is. The Colts are killing the NFC West it would be nice to represent!!

Singletary should have them ready for that one. The motto will be "remember the Vikings game".

I expect a solid 60 minutes of mouth punching and a new wrinkle or two from the offense. We'll have to pull out the stops for Indy.

You can kinda tell some of the newer fans from the old school ones, on this topic. Most old school fans are looking at anything beyond next week, and beating those DIRTY BIRDS yet again!!!

Not even realignment can erase some rivalries!
Originally posted by RDB4216:
You can kinda tell some of the newer fans from the old school ones, on this topic. Most old school fans are looking at anything beyond next week, and beating those DIRTY BIRDS yet again!!!

Not even realignment can erase some rivalries!

I know one crazy Falcons fan who keeps moaning about how he still hates the niners. This guy drinks Falcons koolaid so hard, he was asking patriots fans if they were honored to face his team last week. I so want to rub it into his face if we win.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 4, 2009 at 22:32:00 ]
Originally posted by miked1978:
To me our measuring stick was against the Vikings.
no, vikings were our measuring stick. We showed we could grind it out even without Gore, and came THIS close to beating a top 2-3 team in the NFC, not to mention the favorite to win the North. Bottom line is we are 3-1, we beat a struggling Arizona team but still the defending NFC champs, we handled Seattle, NEARLY beat Minnesota, and crushed St.Louis. We are definitely a favorite now to win the west !
The Indy game would be a great test for the NINERS D. We handled the vikings pretty well for a game that projected us getting whooped and I feel that was our 1st test. Midway thru the season yes the away game @ the colts would show if we are ready to look at playoff.(midway evaluations)Hopefully our offense is up to the challenge as well. Jus for kicks and NINER PRIDE IMO I feel we'll be in the S/B again this season( been feeling this way since '94) We can beat the colts at home. Blind eyes will really be looking at us from that point
Share 49ersWebzone