There are 284 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis unleashed!

Finally Willis has been fully unleashed!

I have been waiting for Willis to get an opportunity to blitz the passer some and finally coach Sing/Manusky agree and BAM 2.5 SACKS BABY! Add that to his INT TD and this guy is taking his game to another level. He was a pro bowler as a rookie, an elite LB/Defensive player in year 2, now I believe he is the new Butkis/Singletary/Lewis in this league as the most dominate LB in the game. Better yet he's only in year 3 and should only get better.
Originally posted by matt49er:

I have been waiting for Willis to get an opportunity to blitz the passer some and finally coach Sing/Manusky agree and BAM 2.5 SACKS BABY! Add that to his INT TD and this guy is taking his game to another level. He was a pro bowler as a rookie, an elite LB/Defensive player in year 2, now I believe he is the new Butkis/Singletary/Lewis in this league as the most dominate LB in the game. Better yet he's only in year 3 and should only get better.

Ummm where have you been?
He had a hell of a game for sure. The sacks were great!
Originally posted by AC49er:

He's been caged up this whole time?

I think he's speaking specifically on Willis being used in blitz packages. I give them props on this too. Willis' full potential must be utilized.
I think Willis will be a nominee for Defensive Player of the week. Anyone have all his stats?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I think he's speaking specifically on Willis being used in blitz packages. I give them props on this too. Willis' full potential must be utilized.

Exactly! up until this game i have never seen Willis rush the passer that much. By unleashing him as a pass rusher and allowing him to become more of a playmaker will allow him to take that next step towards being on of the all time greats.
Nevermind, I got it myself

5 tackles
2 assists
2.5 sacks
1 int return for TD

He's a beast

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Oct 4, 2009 at 18:15:35 ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I think Willis will be a nominee for Defensive Player of the week. Anyone have all his stats?

5 tackles
2.5 sacks
1 INT
1 TD

5 tackles
2.5 sacks
1 INT
1 TD

Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Exactly! up until this game i have never seen Willis rush the passer that much. By unleashing him as a pass rusher and allowing him to become more of a playmaker will allow him to take that next step towards being on of the all time greats.

Precisely!

5 tackles
2 assists
2.5 sacks
1 int return for TD

He's a beast

It seems like he had more tackles.

But the tackles he did make were fantastic!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

5 tackles
2 assists
2.5 sacks
1 int return for TD

He's a beast

It seems like he had more tackles.

But the tackles he did make were fantastic!

maybe he did....this article says 8
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=48910

Darren Sharper will probably win with his big game against da jets.