LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Our D getting love from unlikely sources

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • zero
  • Veteran
Some of you guys may or may not care about fantasy football, but I've been playing it for around 12 years now and for the past 7 years no one has expected our defense to do anything, and people have routinely started players that were going to be playing us expecting huge point totals.....not anymore

Now people are reluctant to start there "studs" against us and are running to the waiver wire to pick up our defense. Move this thread if you must mods, but I just wanted to say that its been a looooooooong time since I've see this happen

Heres a link to a very prominent fantasy football website. Notice all the threads about the defense

Link
Niners D got 39 points on Yahoo fantasy football this week, which is an ungodly amount. Would I pick them up as a starter? No, I don't think they are that good yet. Would I pick them up the next time we play the Rams? Hells yeah
DUDE, i started the niners defense this week. SWEEET, i am blowing away my opponent. lol people in the league were like "why you starting the niners D?" now they're saying they wish they had this defense all year long

[ Edited by 49ers1 on Oct 4, 2009 at 17:19:55 ]
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Niners D got 39 points on Yahoo fantasy football this week, which is an ungodly amount. Would I pick them up as a starter? No, I don't think they are that good yet. Would I pick them up the next time we play the Rams? Hells yeah

I got the niners D in both my leagues. Scored 43 points on CBS fantasy and 31 on ESPN's
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ers1:
DUDE, i started the niners defense this week. SWEEET, i am blowing away my opponent. lol people in the league were like "why you starting the niners D?" now they're saying they wish they had this defense all year long

Originally posted by 49ers1:

Hell yes I started them today too, 31 points
  • zero
  • Veteran

In some leagues they scored 50 pts

Originally posted by zero:

In some leagues they scored 50 pts

58 for me

Well I started them over the Jets D and they got me 39 points, so..........

Oh,and I started them every week since week 1 and they've done just fine. I'm 3-1 in my fantasy so far and my only loss is by 1.5 points last week. I also have Davis and Gore! Go niners!!!!!!!

• WWFGD
  • Veteran
54 in my Yahoo! league. God bless you P-Willy.

niners D is Ranked 9th before todays games! they are a worthy pickup.. i Freanin meant to start them. but i thought the Gmen D would do better agianst KC. 8 freakin points
started the niner D over the chargers... EZ decision!
Originally posted by zero:
Some of you guys may or may not care about fantasy football, but I've been playing it for around 12 years now and for the past 7 years no one has expected our defense to do anything, and people have routinely started players that were going to be playing us expecting huge point totals.....not anymore

Now people are reluctant to start there "studs" against us and are running to the waiver wire to pick up our defense. Move this thread if you must mods, but I just wanted to say that its been a looooooooong time since I've see this happen

Heres a link to a very prominent fantasy football website. Notice all the threads about the defense

Link

You are right, fantasy football means JACK!!!
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

Well I started them over the Jets D and they got me 39 points, so..........

Oh,and I started them every week since week 1 and they've done just fine. I'm 3-1 in my fantasy so far and my only loss is by 1.5 points last week. I also have Davis and Gore! Go niners!!!!!!!

I only picked em up this week but will keep em(and probably play em) for quite a while. They were monsters today! I'm probably gonna play em next week against the Falcons. I have Matt Ryan but may sit him. I like the 9ers D since Atl is flying cross country!
I have Niners D and played them
Share 49ersWebzone