LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Banjo Man: number one Niner fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NJNiner:
He may be a devoted 49erfan, but if he can't find a way to wash his stinky a$$ so as not to offend the other fans than he is a low life piece if sh!t as far as I am concerned. Come on man, we are talking about basic hygiene here. Why is it so difficult for certain people to grasp?

Dude, it was the WEED that stank. I'm sure I didn't smell too hot either. It was one of those hot Stick days. And yes it was a typo, spliff

[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 3, 2009 at 21:29:28 ]
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He's not much of a banjo player, but he's part of the color of 49ers home games. He goes to A's games too.

How exactly are you judging the merit of his banjo skills? Every time I've heard him he's had a decent tune playing. Are you judging his skills by what you hear him playing at the games, while he's passing through the thousands of cheering fans?

I've heard him play many, many times at both the Stick and the Coliseum and he just isn't that good. If it's a string instrument, I can play it, banjo included. While my banjo skills are much less than my guitar and mandolin skills, I'm good enough to be able to tell who's really good and who's just an ok player. He's fun to listen to while the game is going on, but he's no Earl Scruggs.

Who said he was amazing? To hate on a guy that plays banjo allright (I'm sure he plays fine, since he's been doing it at the Stick alone for 20 years) because you consider yourself better or something is pretty low. Almost as low as the other 49ers fans in here talking smack on him for some reason or another.

He's the number one super fan, deal with it, he seems like a really good guy.
@ the last few pages of this thread....

Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to post a pic.The last pic I have of my best friend that was murdered was us with Banjo @ the Superbowl and I would like 2 share:(
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He's not much of a banjo player, but he's part of the color of 49ers home games. He goes to A's games too.

How exactly are you judging the merit of his banjo skills? Every time I've heard him he's had a decent tune playing. Are you judging his skills by what you hear him playing at the games, while he's passing through the thousands of cheering fans?

I've heard him play many, many times at both the Stick and the Coliseum and he just isn't that good. If it's a string instrument, I can play it, banjo included. While my banjo skills are much less than my guitar and mandolin skills, I'm good enough to be able to tell who's really good and who's just an ok player. He's fun to listen to while the game is going on, but he's no Earl Scruggs.

Who said he was amazing? To hate on a guy that plays banjo allright (I'm sure he plays fine, since he's been doing it at the Stick alone for 20 years) because you consider yourself better or something is pretty low. Almost as low as the other 49ers fans in here talking smack on him for some reason or another.

He's the number one super fan, deal with it, he seems like a really good guy.

Thank you, the man is a die hard Niner fan and works his butt off to get people into the game. According to the article has been doing it for 25+ years.

He and Red Man are probably the most recognizable and are the #1 Niner fans out there
  • soao
  • Veteran
He's a pain in the ass. I wish he'd stfu.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to post a pic.The last pic I have of my best friend that was murdered was us with Banjo @ the Superbowl and I would like 2 share:(

Click "Post Reply" and then look at the toolbar below the Subject (in this case Banjo Man: number one Niner fan). It should start out with a capitol B, then I, then U. To the right of those letters is a rectangle with what looks to be a mountain on it. click on that and it will ask you for the pictures URL, then just put that in the box and blam, you posted a picture.
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

Click "Post Reply" and then look at the toolbar below the Subject (in this case Banjo Man: number one Niner fan). It should start out with a capitol B, then I, then U. To the right of those letters is a rectangle with what looks to be a mountain on it. click on that and it will ask you for the pictures URL, then just put that in the box and blam, you posted a picture.

But the first step is to upload your picture to a picture domain site (i.e. photobucket, snapfish, etc), then obtain the picture URL by right clicking the picture
Originally posted by soao:
He's a pain in the ass. I wish he'd stfu.

Seriously? I read an article about him that says he refuses to take money to pose with fans, and doesn't take tips for playing the Banjo. Let me dig it up....

"The fans get it," Samuels said as he left behind last month's 49ers' 23-3 loss to the Seattle Seahawks along with the postgame garbage. "It's kind of a chore when you're 57 to walk up and down and yell and play hard. I play really hard. It's a chore but I keep doing it because the fans react so great."

"Banjo Man doesn't take tips, but he does take tri-tip." (meaning food and drink)

"49ers' fans continually stop him and ask to take a photo with him. One 49ers' fan, Tina Birkby, who was visiting from the United Kingdom, insisted Samuels pose with her after seeing him appear twice on TV during the season-opening game against Arizona on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

"If I charged a dollar a picture, I'd be really rich," Samuels said."

Yeah, this guys sucks, what an a*****e.
Banjo Man article
People who hate on the Banjo Man really need to lighten up. He's a friggin' staple of our team!

Hell, I'm surprised fans even know what he smells like. I've seen him at every game, but I've never SMELLED the guy before.

Jesus guys, have a heart.

Originally posted by NJNiner:
He may be a devoted 49erfan, but if he can't find a way to wash his stinky a$$ so as not to offend the other fans than he is a low life piece if sh!t as far as I am concerned. Come on man, we are talking about basic hygiene here. Why is it so difficult for certain people to grasp?

Damn yall 5 years on the board and I finally posted a pic!!!!! Thanks everyone who helped and this pic was an important one to me and a great memory from the SB out here in AZ.

PS He didn't smell we didn't notice a thing when next to him he's a cool cat...

[ Edited by SF2AZNiner on Oct 3, 2009 at 23:42:06 ]
Ask to pull his finger
Wow, you guys are tough on a fan who is a fixture at the games. Our Krazy George if you will. Since they got rid of our real mascot and replaced him with the metrosexual Brokeback Sam, a little throwback, spliff smoking, BO stinking mascot is a good thing

The guy looks like he could have been a banjo playing, whiskey drinking broke down miner in a gold rush camp, you know the 49ers
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Wow, you guys are tough on a fan who is a fixture at the games. Our Krazy George if you will. Since they got rid of our real mascot and replaced him with the metrosexual Brokeback Sam, a little throwback, spliff smoking, BO stinking mascot is a good thing

The guy looks like he could have been a banjo playing, whiskey drinking broke down miner in a gold rush camp, you know the 49ers

That's a great point.
Share 49ersWebzone