LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

"Impact Rookie of Week 4"... Glen Coffee?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Woodson is a Niner homer.

But that doesn't make me disagree with him.

why would he be a Niner homer? he played here 1 season.

He's a Steelers homer if anything

the Coffee hype isnt overblown. he led the NFL in rushing during the preseason, has talent, and faces a horrible run D at home. also will be getting a full load of carries. he has big potential this week. its not homerism at all.

we should be able to run the ball for the next 4 weeks. STL, ATL, HOU, IND all have horrible to mediocre run D's. whether its Gore or Coffee, we will have a ground game, at least until we run into the Titans.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Woodson is a Niner homer.

But that doesn't make me disagree with him.

why would he be a Niner homer? he played here 1 season.

He's a Steelers homer if anything

the Coffee hype isnt overblown. he led the NFL in rushing during the preseason, has talent, and faces a horrible run D at home. also will be getting a full load of carries. he has big potential this week. its not homerism at all.

we should be able to run the ball for the next 4 weeks. STL, ATL, HOU, IND all have horrible to mediocre run D's. whether its Gore or Coffee, we will have a ground game, at least until we run into the Titans.

Coffee wasn't that bad against Minnesota also. I think he's a different kind of runner than Frank. What the team needs, IMHO is a true change-of-pace back. Sheets needs to get coached up because he would be a significant addition to the club.

lol well Coffee had 25 carries for like 54 yards, which is awful. barely over 2.0 ypc. he looked better than his stats indicated in minny though.

the biggest thing we took out of that minny game was that we had won that game on the road, without our best offensive player. thats HUGE. the vikings are a good team. and we went up there and almost upset them. should have. i dont want to think about that Lewis TD anymore....

anyways, Coffee faced a nice run d in minny. he now gets a creampuff Rams at home, a poor Falcons run d at home, and then gets to face the WORST run D in football by far, the Texans. then Gore probably comes back.
Coffee owes us. He owes the team. When Gore went down, he was not ready to play, by his own admission. I want to see him DOMINATE the weak Rams defense. Also let's see him pick up those blitzers without fail, and catch whatever is thrown to him. Yeah, he's a rookie, but I have high expectations!
I hope he has a huge f**king game today
Share 49ersWebzone