LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 137 users in the forums

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Not happy with Hill's performance today, but still not off his bandwagon. How many times did he turn the ball over today....once, and that was by a tipped pass. How many TD's did the defense give up today....too many to count. I'm not saying Hill doesn't deserve blame, but its not all on him.

If Smith had the same game I wonder what people would be saying?

People would be saying the same things that they are saying about Hill right now. Anyone disagree??

Depends on what people are saying about Hill right now. Some are saying it wasn't Hill's fault and it was a team loss(I agree with this) And some are saying it was all on Smith(I Believe this is because if Smith were the QB, he would be getting 100% of the blame, so they are being fair and giving Hill 100% of the blame[and I agree with this as well])
To be honest, Shaun Hill is just a game manager..

He can help you win the game if your defense keeps you in the game. But if the team was down by 2-3 TDs, I dont think Hill can cut it as a gun slinger...

I saw the Monday night game between Chargers vs Pitts. The chargers gave up a bunch of TDs to Pitt, but Rivers still drove the team down multiple times and scored TDs....I don't think Hill has the skills compared to a Rivers or Matt Ryan...

Anyways...if you compare Hill to Matt Ryan...

Matt Ryan >>> Shaun Hill
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Man did he stink it up against the falcons though. He was throwing in the dirt, over his receivers heads, and even when it was a catchable ball he was setting them up to get their heads taken off.

Did you not notice him doing this regularly for the first 4 games?

People are in such denial of how bad hill really is.

Hill has ONE good series against the Vikings, and ONE good series against the Cardinals and everyone wets themselves. Our special teams/defense has been carrying us through the season, and finally when they arent playing at an elite level, Hill goes 15/38, and the only big play he had that go him yardage was Morgan's play.

I'm kinda happy this happened, so Singletary can wake-up to the reality that is our awful offense, if he didnt already know. Maybe he does know , and he cant do anything about it, or maybe he thinks that we are decent on offense. Either way by the Texans game we need to

A. Fire Jimmy Raye. Please. This guy is so bad, he's hostler status.

B. Start Smith/Davis. Put someone in there that doesnt throw DUCKS 75% of the time. Its pretty embarassing, i know the O line sucks, but its not their fault he throws like a chick.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Man did he stink it up against the falcons though. He was throwing in the dirt, over his receivers heads, and even when it was a catchable ball he was setting them up to get their heads taken off.

Hill has ONE good series against the Vikings, and ONE good series against the Cardinals and everyone wets themselves. Our special teams/defense has been carrying us through the season, and finally when they arent playing at an elite level, Hill goes 15/38, and the only big play he had that go him yardage was Morgan's play.

I'm kinda happy this happened, so Singletary can wake-up to the reality that is our awful offense, if he didnt already know. Maybe he does know , and he cant do anything about it, or maybe he thinks that we are decent on offense. Either way by the Texans game we need to

B. Start Smith/Davis. Put someone in there that doesnt throw DUCKS 75% of the time. Its pretty embarassing, i know the O line sucks, but its not their fault he throws like a chick.

Throws like Shauna Hill.

Originally posted by thojess:

Throws like Shauna Hill.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
are you kidding me? how can anyone answer no to this question after what this franchise has been through the past 5 years?

hill has committed ONE turnover this season and has looked very good in the short-to-intermediate areas.

he is also 2-1 (and would be 3-0 if the coaches would actually let him be a qb instead of handing the ball off all the time when we're up).

you can say he doesn't have all the tools and you'd be right but we haven't seen qb play this good since jeff garcia, and that is a fact

Ryan is a better QB and he is in his second year. How could you not see he isn't the answer.

Spare me the high QB rating. How many times did he take the easy route and dump off a quick pass to coffee for no yards? I wouldn't doubt if 6 of his 8 completions where of this nature. He doesn't turn the ball over because he never really takes any risks, risk meaning thread the ball like Matt Ryan did to us all game. Hill has proven to be good for about one drive a game.

You also have to factor in the fact that he not only has zero arm strenght he can't even throw a f**kin spiral! You dont think that has an impact? I wonder how hard it is for a WR trying to catch a ball when it's practically coming at you head over tail rather than a spiral? How many plays have not been made because unlike other real QBs he can't throw the ball hard enough 20 yards with any volacity? Too many short yard passes with no chance for the WR or TE to run. Sure part of that is Jimmy Raye, but you dont think Raye is smart not to call plays his limited QB can't make? He has already said he limits the playbook until Shaul can learn more....yeah right.....he limits the playbook because Shaun doesn't have an arm.

Finally, as soon as the play breaks down Hill takes his eyes off of the down field play and looks to dump it to the easiest target. This usually results in little to no yards. Again, going back to his arm I dont think he has what it takes to throw on the run.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
No.
Originally posted by Ang:
No.

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by thojess:

Throws like Shauna Hill.

He's gotta go dude, before he has 1 good drive against the texans based off one of 2 plays: 1. seam to vernon down the middle 2. a hitch that gets broken for a long run

and everyone in Niner talk wets themselves about how great of a "game manager" he is. What the f*ck does that even mean? He has 1 good drive against Vikings but goes 0/13 on third downs..solid "game manager" IMO.
Originally posted by backontop:
Not happy with Hill's performance today, but still not off his bandwagon. How many times did he turn the ball over today....once, and that was by a tipped pass. How many TD's did the defense give up today....too many to count. I'm not saying Hill doesn't deserve blame, but its not all on him.

People would be saying the same things that they are saying about Hill right now. Anyone disagree??

Depends on what people are saying about Hill right now. Some are saying it wasn't Hill's fault and it was a team loss(I agree with this) And some are saying it was all on Smith(I Believe this is because if Smith were the QB, he would be getting 100% of the blame, so they are being fair and giving Hill 100% of the blame[and I agree with this as well])

Bottom line is that the defense has been doing the biggest part of the winning to date, this game they did most of the losing. Any of the QB's on the roster could have done just as good, if not better than Hill did today. He was just terrible, but a loss like this cannot be blamed on one person. Only someone totally ignorant of how the game works would try to pin this one on one player, like the Smith bashers used to do. I can't blame Hill for being what he is, a great back up QB, but we should really try and develop Smith/Davis as they are our best hope for the future, no matter what the armchair GM's think they know.

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A

A chick with a weak arm
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
are you kidding me? how can anyone answer no to this question after what this franchise has been through the past 5 years?

hill has committed ONE turnover this season and has looked very good in the short-to-intermediate areas.

he is also 2-1 (and would be 3-0 if the coaches would actually let him be a qb instead of handing the ball off all the time when we're up).

you can say he doesn't have all the tools and you'd be right but we haven't seen qb play this good since jeff garcia, and that is a fact

Ryan is a better QB and he is in his second year. How could you not see he isn't the answer.

Spare me the high QB rating. How many times did he take the easy route and dump off a quick pass to coffee for no yards? I wouldn't doubt if 6 of his 8 completions where of this nature. He doesn't turn the ball over because he never really takes any risks, risk meaning thread the ball like Matt Ryan did to us all game. Hill has proven to be good for about one drive a game.

You also have to factor in the fact that he not only has zero arm strenght he can't even throw a f**kin spiral! You dont think that has an impact? I wonder how hard it is for a WR trying to catch a ball when it's practically coming at you head over tail rather than a spiral? How many plays have not been made because unlike other real QBs he can't throw the ball hard enough 20 yards with any volacity? Too many short yard passes with no chance for the WR or TE to run. Sure part of that is Jimmy Raye, but you dont think Raye is smart not to call plays his limited QB can't make? He has already said he limits the playbook until Shaul can learn more....yeah right.....he limits the playbook because Shaun doesn't have an arm.

Finally, as soon as the play breaks down Hill takes his eyes off of the down field play and looks to dump it to the easiest target. This usually results in little to no yards. Again, going back to his arm I dont think he has what it takes to throw on the run.

not completely happy with his performance but did see something in him that sorta reminded me of Steve Young in 94 vs the Eagles. Just that fire they both still had, being blown out in the game. but still, those 3rd down check down passes have little hope. his sack avoidablity needs major improvement..... seasons far from over! let"s go Niners!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Of the two players below, which would you rather have Quarterbacking the 49ers?

Player A - 2 Wins, 1 Loss - 50 of 75 (66.6%), 3 TD, 1 INT, 705 Yards
Player B - 2 Wins, 1 Loss - 52 of 82 (63.4%), 3 TD, 1 INT, 548 Yards

Answer: JT O'Sullivan played incredible well through three games last year. I'm not comparing Hill to O'Sullivan, but it's far too early to judge Hill.

The difference here is that Hill is actually 9-3 as a starter.

-9fA

STOP with this 9-3 stuff as starter... Look who he played

st louis twice and a bunch of other randoms.... Hes not that good.. Alex would have beathen the same teams.. thats not saying much
Originally posted by backontop:

Wow. You summed up my argument. You're clearly sober.
Share 49ersWebzone