Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with Hill's Performance?

he finishes too fast
Shaun or Jason?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he finishes too fast

talk about a 2 min warning...
Hill has been great in comparison to what he's been allowed to do. I think if they let him throw the ball 30-35 times a game, then he would be great IMO.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Shaun or Jason?

Shaun. Jason hasn't played yet...
he finishes too fast

WTF does that mean?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
he finishes too fast

WTF does that mean?

are you kidding me? how can anyone answer no to this question after what this franchise has been through the past 5 years?

hill has committed ONE turnover this season and has looked very good in the short-to-intermediate areas.

he is also 2-1 (and would be 3-0 if the coaches would actually let him be a qb instead of handing the ball off all the time when we're up).

you can say he doesn't have all the tools and you'd be right but we haven't seen qb play this good since jeff garcia, and that is a fact
Of the two players below, which would you rather have Quarterbacking the 49ers?

Player A - 2 Wins, 1 Loss - 50 of 75 (66.6%), 3 TD, 1 INT, 705 Yards
Player B - 2 Wins, 1 Loss - 52 of 82 (63.4%), 3 TD, 1 INT, 548 Yards

Answer: JT O'Sullivan played incredible well through three games last year. I'm not comparing Hill to O'Sullivan, but it's far too early to judge Hill.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

Answer: JT O'Sullivan played incredible well through three games last year. I'm not comparing Hill to O'Sullivan, but it's far too early to judge Hill.

The QB who played the best, regardless of stats. If the 1st QB's INT cost us the game, but he threw for 705 yards, while the INT by the QB who only had 548 yards was just a dropped ball in the 1st quarter, for example, I might go with the 2nd QB.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 2, 2009 at 17:05:02 ]
When called upon Hill has done what was needed to Win. It's not his fault that Raye called 3 run plays and punted at the end of the Vikings game giving Favre 1min to freely go up the field due to conservative defensive play calling.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I reaslly cant believe there is anyone on this board who is "happy" with Hill. The unfortunate truth is...Shaun Hill is not the answer. I have finally been to a game where he started to see it for myself (it happened to be the game the Seahawks game two weeks ago). To say it simply, Shaun Hill is "limited" and no I am not talking about the his ability / inability to throw the long ball.

Every game I have watched Hill play he has done some good things, but I always come away feeling (and usually yelling to who ever will listen) that we need a new QB bad. Hill crumbles when the slightest pressure is felt. His ability to create something out of nothing is the most glaring problem. In the game I saw against the Hawks, Hill threw some horrible passes. He had a wide open screen that he decided to throw sidearm (right into the DL). The pass everyone says Bruce dropped when he was wide open...go back and check the film the pass was a wobbly duck!

He alone can't win us a game, and will cause us to see many defenses that looked like last week with 8-11 guys on the line of scrimmage.
Originally posted by redrathman:

The difference here is that Hill is actually 9-3 as a starter.

-9fA
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I reaslly cant believe there is anyone on this board who is "happy" with Hill. The unfortunate truth is...Shaun Hill is not the answer. I have finally been to a game where he started to see it for myself (it happened to be the game the Seahawks game two weeks ago). To say it simply, Shaun Hill is "limited" and no I am not talking about the his ability / inability to throw the long ball.

Every game I have watched Hill play he has done some good things, but I always come away feeling (and usually yelling to who ever will listen) that we need a new QB bad. Hill crumbles when the slightest pressure is felt. His ability to create something out of nothing is the most glaring problem. In the game I saw against the Hawks, Hill threw some horrible passes. He had a wide open screen that he decided to throw sidearm (right into the DL). The pass everyone says Bruce dropped when he was wide open...go back and check the film the pass was a wobbly duck!

He alone can't win us a game, and will cause us to see many defenses that looked like last week with 8-11 guys on the line of scrimmage.

He lead the team to two scoring drive in the 4th quarter of the ARZ and MIN games so he is capable of winning the game for us. I won't argue that he isn't the future but he is the present.
Share 49ersWebzone