LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

On a positive note, we have a great WR core.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Isaac Bruce- Hill's go to receiver,

Brandon Jones- got the FA money, looked good in pre season, time to put some trust in Jones.

Josh Morgan- Can you imagine if he was in another offense. Look how good the Manning brothers make WR's look. Morgan can make plays, put some trust in him.

Jason Hill- See above.

Arnaz Battle- Can move the chains, has Hills trust

Spurlock- ??

Along with VD, Gore, Coffee, the niners can move the chains with this group. Jones is the speedster to stretch the field.

Lets give this WR core a chance to do more than block. Throw them the ball and lets see what they can do.

he didnt play
lol
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
They are not great, but by seasons end they will be good.

Is it the fact that they have a combined 280 yards receiving that makes them a good receivin core?
Originally posted by Overkill:
We have WR's on our roster?

Yes and some of them are the fastest blocking linemen you have ever seen.
Prove it ....... Except for Bruce ...... we have a lot of potential and nothing else.

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Oct 2, 2009 at 16:47:05 ]
How do you know we have great WR's? Do we even have WR's??? All I see is the ball being thrown to our RB's and TE's
There's definite upside here, but calling them "great" is way too optimistic.

They have proved nothing as a unit. Brandon Jones has yet to, and may never, live up to his potential. Battle and Bruce we know about, but the rest of them need to show us more before we label them "great".
I'm very interested to see how Jones fits into our offense, should we start really airing it out.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I'm very interested to see how Jones fits into our offense, should we start really airing it out.

What QB would do that? Robinson, Battle? He's supposed to be a deep threat and I'm not sure we have a QB to do that.
Even though he's at the end of his career, Bruce is still great. All the other WRs have yet to prove themselves, and they certainly haven't proven anything in the first three games. Hopefully this weekend though.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

What QB would do that? Robinson, Battle? He's supposed to be a deep threat and I'm not sure we have a QB to do that.

They might be "Floaters", but Hill can, and I use that word lightly, push the ball down field. Kinda down field. Maybe....sorta....

once our OL gives our QB time to throw then we will see their potential. It was great to see Morgan Burn Webster from the giants and the Cards at their home, and our qb (sullivan/Hill) had little time. Imagine with more time what our wr's and qb can do.

Hill and morgan should start with Bruce on the field alot. If Jones is good, maybe he can be our #1 or #2
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Overkill:
We have WR's on our roster?

Yes and some of them are the fastest blocking linemen you have ever seen.

Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Prove it ....... Except for Bruce ...... we have a lot of potential and nothing else.[/quote

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 3, 2009 at 02:06:47 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This comment sums it up. We dont use wide receivers too much around here.
Share 49ersWebzone