LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

J. Smith fined

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

This is truly ridiculous, there was no way that this was malicious. This and Spencer's personal foul call's cost us a field on that drive which ended up being the difference in the game. This is just crazy!
The NFL needs to get off Favre's nuts.
the damn lineman is the one who put Justin in that type of position.... I swear he was pulling him down.. WTF????

WTF was Justin suppose to do....there was NOTHING he could have done.... even if he didn't wrap his arms around his legs....his head would have still hit Farvra low.
OMG. That is ridiculous. Even the commentators said so
More BS from the NFL - the hidden agenda is they want a lot of scoring in games to drum up fan interest. One of the reasons they want defenses to back off of quarterbacks & WRs, and let them have more completions.
  • mod
  • Veteran
speaking of ridiculous calls... they reviewed Spencers taunting call on NFL Network and Pereira said, with a straight face, that Spencer was obviously taunting the player face to face.

Woodson and Rich Eisen showed the camera angle facing Spencer where it obviously showed him looking at the crowd and not the receiver, but Mike Pereira for some reason only decides to show the tv angle from the sideline which doesnt prove s**t.

I have never seen this guy stand up and say, "My bad, my refs f**ked up on this one" Some how he always finds a way to defend them...
Originally posted by modninerfan:
speaking of ridiculous calls... they reviewed Spencers taunting call on NFL Network and Pereira said, with a straight face, that Spencer was obviously taunting the player face to face.

Woodson and Rich Eisen showed the camera angle facing Spencer where it obviously showed him looking at the crowd and not the receiver, but Mike Pereira for some reason only decides to show the tv angle from the sideline which doesnt prove s**t.

I have never seen this guy stand up and say, "My bad, my refs f**ked up on this one" Some how he always finds a way to defend them...

Well, there was that disaster with Denver and San Diego last year. Even he had to admit that that one was a mistake.

But ya, that Spencer penalty was one of many phantom calls in the parade of NFL officiating incompetence.

You pay for amateur officials, you get amateur officiating.
To get the penalty is one thing, for them to review it and agree that a player should be fined is . f**king gheyyyyyy.
I'm sure $5000 is pocket change to him, but come on! It's his job to get to the QB, and you want to fine him for it? Stupid, just more Farvera protection.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm sure $5000 is pocket change to him, but come on! It's his job to get to the QB, and you want to fine him for it? Stupid, just more Farvera protection.

pocket change yes, but that could of been a nice new 55" LED TV for the man cave!

NFL=No Football League
Originally posted by backontop:
NFL=No Football League

F**king bulls**t. I hate Favre. Just go away already. This is obvious favoritism. The league is going down the toilet more and more every f**king year. If it were any other QB in the league with the exception of maybe Brady, I doubt there would have been any fine.

Does Goodell have something against the 49ers or what?

This is probably the main reason why i think jack all is going to come out of this tampering investigation.

-9fA
Hit a QBs knees this year and you are sure to be flagged and fined, no matter what the reason.

Blame it on pretty boy Brady -- just think of the revenue lost to the NFL with his good looks out of the league for a year! Must make the suits at NFL HQ lie awake at night.

Someday, one way or the other, that old hag Favre will be out of the NFL.

I will celebrate like the 9ers just won the superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone