LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Raye speaking

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Will the 49ers target their wideouts more with Frank Gore out of action?

JR: If the defense dictates that. It won't have that much to do with the fact that Glen Coffee is in there. The defense will dictate more about how we change than the fact that it's Coffee in there. We're not going to run away from what our staple is because we have a change in that position.

So why hasn't the fact that the defense is stacking eight men in the box dictated more passing thus far?

JR: I think it's a matter of visual interpretation. Because they stack the box, or have eight men in the box, we have an ability to add on and block the eighth element if we so desire and if we so desire to choose to run the ball ... the perception you've got to throw it because they're eight people in the box would be, in my opinion, would be disingenuous to the philosophy we have and the way we play

Given Shaun Hill's 76.7 percent completion percentage in the fourth quarter, would you be more inclined to let him pass the ball late in the game?

JR: What you're missing is this - he has been able to do that because we've run the ball against eight man fronts. That's the reason his completion percentage has been what it is.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/raye-in-rushing.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A
I bet Coffee goes over 100 yards rushing, another 40 receiving and a TD or two.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

hope so

starting him in 2 FF leagues lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:

hope so

damn, u must have some bad RB's. Or Gore. I have Peterson and C.Johnson, so they're getting playtime every week.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

hope so

damn, u must have some bad RB's. Or Gore. I have Peterson and C.Johnson, so they're getting playtime every week.

or bye weeks
My problem with what he said today is if Hill is completing about 70% of his throws then why not have the confidence to let him throw more? Sometimes the pass sets up the run it won't always be the run setting up the pass.
LOL he says shaun only does what he does because shaun plays vs 8 guys in the box, but when asked whether he should pass more vs 8 men in the box he basically says no. man i like this team a lot and i like what sing has done but raye pisses me off a lot. why doesnt he have any confidence in hill, and if he doesnt than why did he choose him. wtf raye?
I really hope our offense has a very good week so they can have confidence when we play the Falcons.
Sounds like he's not going to change anything at all...
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
My problem with what he said today is if Hill is completing about 70% of his throws then why not have the confidence to let him throw more? Sometimes the pass sets up the run it won't always be the run setting up the pass.

The fact that we run the ball more than 50% of the time on second down is amazing. Check the stats-

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/6118/breaking-down-the-49ers-play-calling

The fact that we run the ball more than 50% of the time on second down is amazing. Check the stats-

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/6118/breaking-down-the-49ers-play-calling

There it is... You've found the 60/40 ratio J-Raye is always talking about
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Coffee is gonna have a huge game this week and the Zone n00bs are gonna be all saying "BENCH GORE!"

Watch.
I really believe Jimmy Raye is senile.
Originally posted by jrg:
Coffee is gonna have a huge game this week and the Zone n00bs are gonna be all saying "BENCH GORE!"

Watch.

lol this
Originally posted by jrg:

Watch.

Didn't you know Gore was like the 11th worst RB last year out of the 131 guys this site analyzed. But, that's an upgrade from his 4th worst RB in the NFL performance from the 07 season... How could coffee be any worse???

Share 49ersWebzone