LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Is there any way Patrick Willis won't be the highest paid defensive player?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No way he should be the highest paid defensive player. I don't know about Ray Lewis and don't care. Demarcus Ware and Shaun Merriman (when healthy) have a much bigger impact on the game. The CB's from the Jets and Raiders might have just as big of an impact or bigger.

His contribution is overly stated because this is a homer 49er page. I'd trade him straight up for Demarcus Ware right now. A guy who can provide 20 + sacks is the true difference maker.

are you drunk or high!?
Best defensive player in the league has no limits on position. And as one fool in this thread didn't seem to understand, impact players can be all over the defensive side of the ball.

It's debatable whether or not Willis is the best defensive player in the league, but to me he definitely is the best ILB. And if the team feels that he should be the highest defensive player in the league, that's fine. That stuff really doesn't matter. Just give him whatever amount of money because of his worth to the team. Who cares where he ranks in the league?
Give him:

Alex Smith Rookies Contract + Crabtrees money

and then some on top of that
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Give him:

throw the bank at this man!!!!! esp. after watch todays game man oh man he gets me pumped up! love watching him play!!!
And he deserves every single penny.
Didn't somebody say in this thread that he didn't get sacks or ints? Will that person please say this every week? P Willy has had a game! I LOVE THIS D!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
PATRICK
Defensive player? He will be the highest player in football when he signs. Better get the 120+ mil ready
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Defensive player? He will be the highest player in football when he signs. Better get the 120+ mil ready

Ditto. Bump and pay the man.

NFL Defensive MVP!
I just hope he stays with us and isn't lured away with Dala$$ money. He was a Cowboy fan as a kid, but hopefully he's more of a Sing fan and stays.

Anybody else notice when Steven Jackson was trying to run so hard toward the end of the game that Patrick put a stop to that? He quit that crap after Patrick laid a lick on him.
Damn Willis had a monster game!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Give him:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Why would he be the highest paid defensive player...? He's an ILB. The true difference makers like DE, OLB in the 3 - 4 and CB should be the highest paid defensive players in the league.

Him and his agent are dreaming like CrapTREE if they think he will be the highest paid player. He will be high paid sure but he doesn't provide 22 sacks a year or something. He'a an ILB.

Wasn't Ray Lewis the highest paid D player at one time? Am I trippin'?

wow, just cause he doesnt produce 22 sacks doesnt mean he cant be highest paid, he is a leader, makers plays and leads by example, he deserves the money he will get from us, but dopnt be surprised if he doesnt demand 100M, he will likely get in the 60M range.
Why would he be the highest paid defensive player...? He's an ILB. The true difference makers like DE, OLB in the 3 - 4 and CB should be the highest paid defensive players in the league.

Him and his agent are dreaming like CrapTREE if they think he will be the highest paid player. He will be high paid sure but he doesn't provide 22 sacks a year or something. He'a an ILB.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to control the middle of the field or anything.

I hope you don't play chess.
Share 49ersWebzone