LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Isaac Bruce or Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Isaac Bruce or Josh Morgan

is it me or bruce is dropping a lot of passes this year
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
Bruce..As long as he catches the ball. It seems as though he has had more drops already this season than he did all of last season.. Morgan is more explosive though. And who needs crabs when you've got VD...

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. I'm suprised I haven't seen a whole thread dedicated to this. IMO, if Bruce continues with the droppsies, I would much rather sit him and have a younger player get the reps (Hill, Jones). The truth is he's none of the recievers are that important anyway.
bruce easily
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
I gotta go with Bruce right now ....... but if those drops continue ....... maybe he falls out of favor with Hill ?????

Morgan is still learning what it takes.

or jones

I have to admit I am curious to see him play.
I finally received my Morgan jersey last week and was able to sport it yesterday at Buffalo Wild Wings where I watch the games.

Everyone kept asking me who is Morgan? Fellow Niner fans knew but some wondered why Morgan for a jersey? I said I believe he will be a nice target for years to come and would be more productive in a different system.

Then during the game.........Hill drops back and throws deep down the middle for Morgan only to have the ball bobbled and hit of his possession by his knee. Everyone including some fellow Niner fans started teasing me about my choice for a jersey.

I said just wait he owes us one and he will make up for it. Well those of you who watched the game know the rest.

I'm glad he redeemed himself. No one said shizzzzzzz after that TD.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I finally received my Morgan jersey last week and was able to sport it yesterday at Buffalo Wild Wings where I watch the games.

Not a bad choice at all. Better than the choice I made a few years ago when I bought my Kevan Barlow jersey..(Pause for laughter) Although I do still have it. My rottweiler wears it on game day. The only game he didn't wear it was the Viking game so I figure it's a good luck charm. now he's stuck wearing it for the rest of the season.
I know we are killing time here.

But really who cares as long as we are winning?

Not a bad choice at all. Better than the choice I made a few years ago when I bought my Kevan Barlow jersey..(Pause for laughter) Although I do still have it. My rottweiler wears it on game day. The only game he didn't wear it was the Viking game so I figure it's a good luck charm. now he's stuck wearing it for the rest of the season.

I like to go outside the box sometimes, I really like Morgan. He's still got a lot of potential if used correctly and he doesn't cost us 10 million a year. Seems like a Singletary type of guy that does what is asked of him. I just thought I'd share that story because everyone looked at me like why didn't you get a Gore,Willis or Davis jersey? Funny thing is no one asked me why I didn't get a Crabtree jersey

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Oct 5, 2009 at 15:06:08 ]
Well neither of them have impressed this year, but then again besides VD nobody is really being used in the passing game.

They've both had some drops, but if I had too choose, I'd go with Morgan since he has more upside.
I like to go outside the box sometimes, I really like Morgan. He's still got a lot of potential if used correctly and he doesn't cost us 10 million a year. Seems like a Singletary type of guy that does what is asked of him. I just thought I'd share that story because everyone looked at me like why didn't you get a Gore,Willis or Davis jersey? Funny thing is no one asked me why I didn't get a Crabtree jersey

I think he has a huge upside too. The fact that he fell in the draft b/c everyone was worried about his attitude is laughable. He does everything that is asked of him & doesn't complain about the lack of balls being thrown his way. Either the scouts are all idiots or Sing worked the same magic that turned VD around. Either way I'm glad he fell into our hands. Now let's sign that other clown so we can trade him away for someone that deserves the honor to play for us.
JoeCool031619 you should post without quoting me on the next one. You mixed up the posts.
Shaun Hill throwing to all them guys!!!
My bad, Betterdayz...I'm still a newbie when it comes to posting. Sorry for any confusion people..
  • Antix
  • Veteran
They need more opportunities. The only time they use their hands is to block.
Share 49ersWebzone