LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Should we go to a permanent 2 or 3 RB rotation starting week 7?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we go to a permanent 2 or 3 RB rotation starting week 7?

I honestly believe Sheets is a better runner the Coffee, better natural instincts and speed. maybe not a more complete back when it came to blocking, but running the rock hands down..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think Sheets needs to replace Spurlock on the roster.

Slowly integrate Gore back into the lineup, but split the primary share between Coffee and Sheets.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I honestly believe Sheets is a better runner the Coffee, better natural instincts and speed. maybe not a more complete back when it came to blocking, but running the rock hands down..

too bad we lost him.
We only have one back, maybeeee two, so a three back rotation is sorta impossible, a two back kinda improbable so I guess it is a feature back system!
Two rb's rotations work. Remember how well Hearst & Barlow did splitting carries? Then remember how Barlow did as the featured back... How'd that work out?
if we had sheets i'd say to a 3 rb rotation, but since we don't, and coffee not lookin to hot, i say we stick with jus gore.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
No more carries for Coffee please.

This

really? your giving up on the rookie already? i dont think he's that bad, some better play calling would help, its hard to get yards when the other team knows your gonna run up the middle every time. Gore wasnt doing too much better. once he settles down and uses more patience he'll be a very good back for us
It's uncertain whether Gore will pick up his usual workload after missing the past two games with right ankle problems.

"All I know is I'm looking at him right now, and he's doing pretty good," Singletary said.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/singletarys-message-we-want-to-win.html

Do you agree with Singletary giving Gore his normal work load after not knowing how he will react to his first live action.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I don't have the record in front of me, but I know its not good when Gore starts a game and doesn't not finish or DNP due to injury. Should we go to a permanent rotation when he gets healthy again this season?

You could make a strong case that AT LEAST nine of the 12 teams that made the playoffs last year had at least a 2 back, if not a 3 back (NYG) rotation. Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Cards (got their 2 back rotation going in the Playoffs), Falcons. And maybe even the Eagles and the Colts shared time.

Singletary wants to run the ball to make the playoffs, but does he need to protect our asset in Gore while developing our young talent at the same time?

with coffee/robinson as our #2 and #3 RB's no. give us a legit #2 RB yes
The only way he splits time with Coffee is if some how Coffee wakes up and doesn't suck anymore

Share 49ersWebzone