There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we go to a permanent 2 or 3 RB rotation starting week 7?

Should we go to a permanent 2 or 3 RB rotation starting week 7?

I don't have the record in front of me, but I know its not good when Gore starts a game and doesn't not finish or DNP due to injury. Should we go to a permanent rotation when he gets healthy again this season?

You could make a strong case that AT LEAST nine of the 12 teams that made the playoffs last year had at least a 2 back, if not a 3 back (NYG) rotation. Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Cards (got their 2 back rotation going in the Playoffs), Falcons. And maybe even the Eagles and the Colts shared time.

Singletary wants to run the ball to make the playoffs, but does he need to protect our asset in Gore while developing our young talent at the same time?
[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM ]
yes and no.

gore needs his 25-35 touches, the rest can be split however. the giants had a 3 back set because they had nobody else but those 3.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
yes and no.

gore needs his 25-35 touches, the rest can be split however. the giants had a 3 back set because they had nobody else but those 3.

Yeah but didn't they start that rotation because their featured back Jacobs was injured? And after they started it, I believe all of them finished with impressive stats for splitting time.
2 backs in rotation is good enough.

I don't care how good your runningback is, through 16, possibly 19-20 games in a season, running backs take a lot of damage wear and tear. We need both Gore and Coffee to play well. Gore is still our number one guy, but it wouldn't hurt to give Coffee 10 or so touches a game.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
2 backs in rotation is good enough. I don't care how good your runningback is, through 16, possibly 19-20 games in a season, running backs take a lot of damage wear and tear. We need both Gore and Coffee to play well. Gore is still our number one guy, but it wouldn't hurt to give Coffee 10 or so touches a game.


cosigned. once gore gets healthy we need to save him for the playoffs and keep him healthy. he needs to get his touches and all to win but we need to make sure we keep him healthy and not overwork him. i think he played all 16 in 06 when he had 1600 yards but the last few years hes had some ankle injuries and hasnt held up for all 16 games.
i like a gore/coffee rotation
Definitely.

If Coffee has a nice few games heading into the bye, I think that will most likely be the plan anyway.

We need to use two RBs like every other sane team in the NFL does. Look at the Cowboys on Monday...even with Barber out, they still used Choice along with Jones to keep a fresh RB out there.
Count me in for a two-headed RB monster...it's been proven to work and really does help prolong careers. It's the sum total that counts...not how much any one RB produces. Coffee has a great opportunity to build Coach's confidence in him...I think he'll be up to it, I really do.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Count me in for a two-headed RB monster...it's been proven to work and really does help prolong careers. It's the sum total that counts...not how much any one RB produces. Coffee has a great opportunity to build Coach's confidence in him...I think he'll be up to it, I really do.

i think his running ability is there, in the vikings game it seemed like he hit the hole fast and hard(oh noes) whne there was one.


but he needs to show he can pick up the blitz to get his playing time.
I think they need to rotate Coffee in on series. Just to keep Gore healthy the rest of the season. We are 2-0 when Gore starts and even though his yards were impressive @ Ari, he did do all our TD scoring. Coffee needs to step up, but we have to protect Gore as an asset. WE are 2-0 when Gore plays 3 quarters this year!
f**k glen coffee and kory sheets, they cannot do what Frank Gore can.
f**k s**t balls titty f**k this is Frank Gores team give the man the f**king rock
Frank Gore! When he gets the ball you expect something big to happen, when Coffee gets the ball the only thing you expect is him running right into one of our linemen or one of the other teams defenders.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,832
No more carries for Coffee please.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
No more carries for Coffee please.

This
I think whether Gore plays or not, we need to see what Sheets can do. This team really needs to find ways to create some big plays on offense. Sheets seems like he could do that.