LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Farvraa's throw, took me back to the '98, 96 yd TD run

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As quickly as Brett ripped my heart out of my chest Sunday, I immediately remembered how we ripped the heart from the Jets that beautiful day in SF. Take a look at the blocking by #81. Amazing that this was 1998! Damn, I am getting old lol

Enjoy

Not to be a debbie downer, but I never can quite understand why everyone loves this play. Yeah, it's incredible for what it is, but it was against the Jets. When we went into OT, I was so angry we had let the game go on for as long as we did. I wanted to destroy the fudge packers once and for all, but I had doubts we could do it after this one. Of course I was wrong though.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Not to be a debbie downer, but I never can quite understand why everyone loves this play. Yeah, it's incredible for what it is, but it was against the Jets. When we went into OT, I was so angry we had let the game go on for as long as we did. I wanted to destroy the fudge packers once and for all, but I had doubts we could do it after this one. Of course I was wrong though.

Yeah it was against the Jets, a team that went 12-4 that year
I have a special place in my heart for Dave Fiore because of that play. Our freaking LEFT GUARD ran 75 yards downfield on a run to the right hand side. And I've always been a big TO fan, and this play is a good example why.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I have a special place in my heart for Dave Fiore because of that play. Our freaking LEFT GUARD ran 75 yards downfield on a run to the right hand side. And I've always been a big TO fan, and this play is a good example why.

This play is what football is all about! TEAM effort. Why did you have to do us like that TO why WHYYYYYYYY!!
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Yeah it was against the Jets, a team that went 12-4 that year

Like I said, if it wasn't the packers, they weren't worth it.
This reminded me of John Taylor's two 90+ yard TDs in a HUGE comeback on Monday night against the Rams. I was at this game down in Anaheim as a 9 year old. I vividly remember feeling really bummed out because I thought we were gonna lose, and I had been to about 10 Niner games and they were all victories. Then we mounted a huge comeback, courtesy of a guy who is IMO the most underrated player of all time. Watch the GOAT on these plays as well.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM ]
This reminded me of John Taylor's two 90+ yard TDs in a HUGE comeback on Monday night against the Rams. I was at this game down in Anaheim as a 9 year old. I vividly remember feeling really bummed out because I thought we were gonna lose, and I had been to about 10 Niner games and they were all victories. Then we mounted a huge comeback, courtesy of a guy who is IMO the most underrated player of all time. Watch the GOAT on these plays as well.

Such a f**king awesome block by Rice down field. I LOVE watching WR's run stride for stride to assist their teammate into the end zone.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Such a f**king awesome block by Rice down field. I LOVE watching WR's run stride for stride to assist their teammate into the end zone.

Yeah, that's part of what made him such an incredible player. He was a GREAT blocker. So was Taylor. I know JT will never get into the HOF, but I know that if he didn't have to share the ball with GOAT, Craig, Brent Jones, Rathman, etc, he'd be able to make a much better case. If he was on a "normal" team, he would have been a perennial All-Pro. That dude was amazing.

It took me to back to the catch two with TO when we did the exact thing to him in the playoffs.
I have that 49ersRams game on DVD and its awesome.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daa-Doo:
As quickly as Brett ripped my heart out of my chest Sunday, I immediately remembered how we ripped the heart from the Jets that beautiful day in SF. Take a look at the blocking by #81. Amazing that this was 1998! Damn, I am getting old lol

Enjoy

And later that year...

Pause it at 20 seconds and enjoy.
Originally posted by B650:

And later that year...

Pause it at 20 seconds and enjoy.

That was the first play I thought of after reading the OP.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
I thought of "The Catch II" from Young to T.O. in the playoffs against GB...the one time the 49ers beat Favre in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone