There are 341 users in the forums

Jerry Rice On KNBR (In-studio)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For those who would like to know, Jerry on KNBR right now.

KNBR Online
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM ]
he is on Chronicle live tonight. So i will watch that.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
he is on Chronicle live tonight. So i will watch that.

its probably on the same thing anyway.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I LOVE JERRY RICE
Originally posted by susweel:
I LOVE JERRY RICE
recap?
Jerry's talking about golf and a tournament he's going to be playing in. The HOF, and touched on how the NINERS needed to get that 1st down for the win, didn't matter if it was a run or pass, but needed the 1st down.

Jerry has SO MUCH CLASS!!! We were so fortunate to have him as a Niner!!

When I first listened he was talking about how he was drafted in 1st and Eddie D had faith in him and was like a father figure...
Wasnt as much football as I though.

* he has a Golf Charity being named in his honor.

* Likes the identity sing has given to the team

* Things they need to figure out a way to convert that 3rd down. Don't want to give the ball back to Favre cuz he lives for that stuff.

* Was blocking Deion one time and Deion said "Why you blocking me man? It's a run play, you know I'm not gonna do anything"

* Still works out, runs the hill.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Wasnt as much football as I though. * he has a Golf Charity being named in his honor. * Likes the identity sing has given to the team * Things they need to figure out a way to convert that 3rd down. Don't want to give the ball back to Favre cuz he lives for that stuff. * Was blocking Deion one time and Deion said "Why you blocking me man? It's a run play, you know I'm not gonna do anything" * Still works out, runs the hill.

@ the deion part.

He also took a Jab at T.O... that part was funny...

I think Fitz was asking him not to wear his Golf shirt too tight and Jerry said something like, "Aww man u mean I can't show this off? I was thinkin about not wearin a shirt like Terell Owens...and showin off my six pack!"
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
Jerry's talking about golf and a tournament he's going to be playing in. The HOF, and touched on how the NINERS needed to get that 1st down for the win, didn't matter if it was a run or pass, but needed the 1st down.

Jerry has SO MUCH CLASS!!! We were so fortunate to have him as a Niner!!

When I first listened he was talking about how he was drafted in 1st and Eddie D had faith in him and was like a father figure...

That's the difference between the Niners of the '80s and this Nolan-inspired squad.
It was a good interview. Fitz asked him at one point if he ever talked to Montana or Young in the huddle about getting the ball and he emphatically denied ever doing that, but he did add that sometimes they would look into his eyes to see if maybe they should go to him. He went on to say that if he had, then that would have forced the issue and bad things could have come from it. He used the example of the pick last night when Delhomme tried to force the pass to Smith that sealed the game for the Cowgirls. He blamed that on Smith cutting off his route.

While listening to the interview, I wondered if they were going to ask him about Crabtree during the football part of the interview after the commercial break, but no questions went there.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fzrdave:
It was a good interview. Fitz asked him at one point if he ever talked to Montana or Young in the huddle about getting the ball and he emphatically denied ever doing that, but he did add that sometimes they would look into his eyes to see if maybe they should go to him. He went on to say that if he had, then that would have forced the issue and bad things could have come from it. He used the example of the pick last night when Delhomme tried to force the pass to Smith that sealed the game for the Cowgirls. He blamed that on Smith cutting off his route.

While listening to the interview, I wondered if they were going to ask him about Crabtree during the football part of the interview after the commercial break, but no questions went there.

they did. they he said he wold of helpd out the team if he would off beensigned by mini camp, and that 16-20 million is alot to get before you even get in the filed. That he would even sign right now he ready to go.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Wasnt as much football as I though.

* he has a Golf Charity being named in his honor.

* Likes the identity sing has given to the team

* Things they need to figure out a way to convert that 3rd down. Don't want to give the ball back to Favre cuz he lives for that stuff.

* Was blocking Deion one time and Deion said "Why you blocking me man? It's a run play, you know I'm not gonna do anything"

* Still works out, runs the hill.

thats what i was thinking, the last 9er offensive drive would have been correct against a rookie quarterback or campbell etc, but Farve (41 game winning drives) excuse me 42 now!!!
Share 49ersWebzone