LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

What team did you have a better feeling about? (if you can rememebr)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What team did you have a better feeling about? (if you can rememebr)

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by zozell:
Anyone remember who the other candidates were when we hired Erickson? We HAD to bring someone else in for an interview...

Ted Cottrell and Greg Blache

and Jim Mora Jr. (my personal choice back then)
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Anyone remember who the other candidates were when we hired Erickson? We HAD to bring someone else in for an interview...

Mora had a mini meltdown up in Seattle yesterday. He threw his field goal kicker under the bus, blamed him for the loss, even though his whole team basically sucked. He had to backtrack himself today, but alas, the damage was done, the media has been all over him about it and the fans are not happy about it at all.

I am glad Mora is not here. He doesn't have the elusive but necessary "it".
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM ]

Yeah I wanted Mora to get the job and I think we interviewed Childress when Nolan interviewed but he pulled out for some reason after the interview.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Blitz:

Mora had a mini meltdown up in Seattle yesterday. He threw his field goal kicker under the bus, blamed him for the loss, even though his whole team basically sucked. He had to backtrack himself today, but alas, the damage was done, the media has been all over him about it and the fans are not happy about it at all.

ok Monday morning QB.

Mora was deserved of the job when we hired Erickson.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

ok Monday morning QB.

Watch your tone Mr. Boast, most days i'm ok with a little pushing it from you, but today I'm not in the mood. Call me one f**king name in a deriding manner here again tonight and I'm letting the mods know about it.

Now, lets see so Mora did a get HC job after that, and how did that work out? Gone! Fired, see ya later Mora!

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

ok Monday morning QB.

Watch your tone Mr. Boast, most days i'm ok with a little pushing it from you, but today I'm not in the mood. Call me one f**king name in a deriding manner here again tonight and I'm letting the mods know about it.

Now, lets see so Mora did a get HC job after that, and how did that work out? Gone! Fired, see ya later Mora!

lol. i'm scared.

i never said Mora was a good coach. all i said was he was my choice back then and the most deserved on the job AT THAT TIME.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I felt better with Erickson's team. We had Super Bowl components (Garcia and Owens), and we made the playoffs the previous year. The reason we lost, supposedly, was Mariucci not being aggressive enough. We hired an aggressive coach, and thus, I was thinking playoffs and possibly further.

With this team, I feel good, but it's only because our division is so weak and we've struggled for several years. I think we'll make the playoffs, but I'm not really optimistic that we'll do anything once we get there. Imagine playing @ GB, PHI, NO, etc. Ain't gonna happen. Maybe if Crabtree was in camp early, I would be a little more optimistic. However, I think our 2 1st round picks next year (and possibly more depending on the tampering case) will probably make me feel the best about next year's team, (even more than the 2003 squad) especially if we can get a stud WR to suit up (someone like D. Bryant). Hey, you never know. Carolina is 0-3 so far.
Share 49ersWebzone