There are 196 users in the forums

What team did you have a better feeling about? (if you can rememebr)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What team did you have a better feeling about? (if you can rememebr)

I honestly can say this is the best I've felt about a team, and the most excited I have been literally since we've had T.O. and Garcia on our squad.
Singletary's team by far. When I first read Erickson's profile, I knew the niners were going to go in a downward spiral. Even though we both underachieved and were unlucky in 2003, it was quite obvious things were only going to get worse.
When we hired Erickson I remember crying myself to sleep and screaming "he has never had a winning season"
Originally posted by backontop:
When we hired Erickson I remember crying myself to sleep and screaming "he has never had a winning season"

Wasn't crying, but knew we were in for a rough time.
Anyone remember who the other candidates were when we hired Erickson? We HAD to bring someone else in for an interview...
Who was it in the off season that was b*tching and moaning about Sing being unproven and inexperienced? "We should have got Grueden, we should have gotten Marty..."
Originally posted by zozell:
Anyone remember who the other candidates were when we hired Erickson? We HAD to bring someone else in for an interview...

I remember Romeo Crennel was one of the candidates.
Originally posted by routebd15:

I'm pretty sure that's when we brought in Nolan.... I was talking about when the Mooch was fired. Who else did we bring in besides Erickson?
Originally posted by backontop:

When we hirde him, I let out a big, loud, WHOOOOO??!??!?!??!!!???
I was so pissed when they hired Erickson.

No one liked Erickson, to my memory at least
The question should be
Which team did you feel better about
2007 Niners 2-1 heading back home against the Seahawks
2009 Niners 2-1 heading back home against the Rams

I felt that 2007 team would win the division and compete in the playoffs (before Smiths injury)
I feel this team will win the division and compete in the playoffs

Of course all the Alex Haters are going to trash the 2007 team with Smith sucked cause Alex was the QB. But I still remember the million threads saing "Finally we have our franchise QB"/"Alex Smith the future"/... and then after his injury "OUR SEASON IS OVER"/"We are done without Smith"/...
Erickson was a disaster from the start (fans and writers were outraged), our team was built for the WCO and he brought in his gimmick attacking-style hybrid which he was so successful with at college.

-I knew what were getting out of Erickson from the start, and I knew Nolan was a listless/manipulative b*****d (cause he was previously chased out of Washington for being a horrible DC).

Since Sing has taken over, I haven't had this much optimism and confidence in a very, very long time.

Originally posted by routebd15:

I'm pretty sure that's when we brought in Nolan.... I was talking about when the Mooch was fired. Who else did we bring in besides Erickson?

I can't remember the names, but I know the other three candidates were defensive coordinators.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Ted Cottrell and Greg Blache
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Who was it in the off season that was b*tching and moaning about Sing being unproven and inexperienced? "We should have got Grueden, we should have gotten Marty..."

The b***hing about not getting Shanahan was classic blah blah blah. The guy gets canned in Denver for not producing and two minutes later people wanted him here. Classic talking out their asses.
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone