LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Tim Ryan of Fox says - 49ers will win the

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we dont have to depend on our division losing, we will win by our own doing. after yesterday, i believe we can beat anyone and we will roll to victory and into the playoffs. we went into a hostile environment against a team that has one of the best defenses the last few years, a great Offense, the best RB in football, a team of crappy officials who missed a lot of calls and were very in favor of the vikings, we lost our biggest offensive weapon on his first carry and we still came within two seconds of victory, that loss is just fuel for the monster that singletary is building. as the infamous number 81 said a few years ago, "Get your popcorn ready"

"we're gonna punch em in the mouth"
Originally posted by King49er:
It's only week 3

True. However, if you were going to predict the division winner based on what you have seen so far, is it not a fair projection?
The funny thing is...that seems like slim pickin's now. That's like winning "The Biggest Loser" competition.

Our division is arguably the weakest it has ever been, therefore we need to conquer bigger mountains. Correct me if I am wrong, but if we win the west we get a bye for the 1st round of playoffs? Then if we won our 1st playoff game we'd be in the NFC championship, right?

If we can continue to improve we might have a shot.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
The funny thing is...that seems like slim pickin's now. That's like winning "The Biggest Loser" competition.

Our division is arguably the weakest it has ever been, therefore we need to conquer bigger mountains. Correct me if I am wrong, but if we win the west we get a bye for the 1st round of playoffs? Then if we won our 1st playoff game we'd be in the NFC championship, right?

No the top 2 seeds in each conference get the bye. With 4 Division winners, 2 still have to play in the Wild Card Round. With home field advantage of course.
One thing that is good is that we aren't even close to running on all cylinders, especially the coaching decisions.

No team wants to be running on all cylinders right now. Most teams want to do what the Giants and Cardinals did late in the season.

We are getting strong results after the game but need to polish a whole lot of things during the game. I would worry for other teams once we polish things up.
Originally posted by B650:
Who cares? It's up to us to win it.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Division winners don't all get 1st round byes. Only the top 2 teams in the confrence get the first week off. The other 2 division winners play the wildcard teams at home the first week
Originally posted by Joecool:
One thing that is good is that we aren't even close to running on all cylinders, especially the coaching decisions.

No team wants to be running on all cylinders right now. Most teams want to do what the Giants and Cardinals did late in the season.

We are getting strong results after the game but need to polish a whole lot of things during the game. I would worry for other teams once we polish things up.

i totally agree except with the polished part, i think our team just gets meaner and hungrier and plays the same kind of game. theyre gonna be brawlers all year i think
Originally posted by King49er:
It's only week 3

+1
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i totally agree except with the polished part, i think our team just gets meaner and hungrier and plays the same kind of game. theyre gonna be brawlers all year i think

I hope so -- if we have enough healthy bodies throughout.
[ Edited by Xestenz on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM ]

Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I hope so -- if we have enough healthy bodies throughout.

these guys are playing with so much emotion under singletary that they probably wont even realize their hurt some of the time but there will be injuries, its part of the game, especially with dirty players like that c********r winfield who tried to break coffees legs yesterday. coffee was already stopped and he comes flying in hella low from the side right into the side of his knee
Tim Ryan is great behind the mike and he give a good interview too, but I think it's a little early to calling the 9ers the NFC West Champs to be.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Tim Ryan is great behind the mike and he give a good interview too, but I think it's a little early to calling the 9ers the NFC West Champs to be.

It can all swing on a single injury.

Or a single play.
T-Rock is the man! Love Moving the Chains. He knows his football.
Here is the link...

Tim Ryan Interview - Link
Share 49ersWebzone