LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Any positive media after the loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Peter King has us #9 in his rankings he does. He said the loss to the Vikes doesn't drop us in his mind or something like that.

I think people see that the Vikes pulled that win out of there a$$ and they are starting to respect the Niners. I can't remember the last time people actually respected us.

The same Peter King who picked us to finish 3rd in the west and Seattle to win it in SI

lol

Don't count your chickens before they hatch bro, we haven't won the west yet, he could still be right on that.

Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Just a question, do you live in a cave without newspaper, TV or radio? Have you heard of this modern invention called the internet.

Here's a few cable outlets or websites you might want to visit:

Networks:

NFL Network
ESPN Network
Any Network news stations, say ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox

These websites:

This website
Yahoo Sports
Fox Sports
ESPN Sports - NFL
NFL Network

Print:

Your newspaper
His Newspaper
Their Newspaper

One final question, are you incarcerated?

Your sarcasm is terrible and needs much work.

Good, I'll take that under advisement.

Better, but not by much. Keep practicing.

Last time I checked I didn't need your critique or encouragement related to my sarcasm.

Maybe you checked in the wrong place. Did you look under the sofa?

• BobS
  • Veteran
I wouldn't know. After a devastating loss like that, I avoid Espn, Nfl Network and all sports talk tv or radio. I tried but I am not over it yet, don't even know if I can watch MNF.
Originally posted by BobS:
I wouldn't know. After a devastating loss like that, I avoid Espn, Nfl Network and all sports talk tv or radio. I tried but I am not over it yet, don't even know if I can watch MNF.

Cowboys vs Carolina...It's a no lose situation for us, so you have to watch. Just change the channel at half time.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I've been watching ESPN this morning/afternoon and first off, they're giving Favre and the Vikings most of the face time..and rightfully so, seeing as how they won. Luck or not, they won. But after every segment of them saying how amazing it was, every one of the critics have been giving us credit and saying we've been playing very very well thus far and Singletary has done an amazing job.

It makes me think about what the critics actually do think about the game. They usually don't give the loser that much credit, so maybe the majority of the media somewhat believe the Vikings didn't deserve to win that game?

That's just my .02
Originally posted by Youngone:
Just a question, do you live in a cave without newspaper, TV or radio? Have you heard of this modern invention called the internet.

Networks:

NFL Network
ESPN Network

These websites:

This website
Yahoo Sports
Fox Sports
ESPN Sports - NFL
NFL Network

Print:

Your newspaper
His Newspaper
Their Newspaper

I asked if there was anything positive and that I didn't have time to go through all the crap to find it. I didn't ask for your douchey little comment. I live in the same cave your mom resides in. I guess I have a little time to tell you that.

Then you live in the mausoleum of Sunset Cemetary?
Originally posted by Youngone:

Networks:

NFL Network
ESPN Network

These websites:

This website
Yahoo Sports
Fox Sports
ESPN Sports - NFL
NFL Network

Print:

Your newspaper
His Newspaper
Their Newspaper

I asked if there was anything positive and that I didn't have time to go through all the crap to find it. I didn't ask for your douchey little comment. I live in the same cave your mom resides in. I guess I have a little time to tell you that.

Then you live in the mausoleum of Sunset Cemetary?

Well that would explain the lack of TV, Internet and newspaper that you commented about. So looks like everything falls in place now doesn't it.

Networks:

NFL Network
ESPN Network

These websites:

This website
Yahoo Sports
Fox Sports
ESPN Sports - NFL
NFL Network

Print:

Your newspaper
His Newspaper
Their Newspaper

Last time I checked I didn't need your critique or encouragement related to my sarcasm.

Actually, I did look under the sofas this weekend when I had them moved for carpet cleaning. I didn't find it there, but did find your copy of "your career as
an internet blog critic". When you've lived about 25 more years let me know, and then I might have some time for your input.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM ]

Networks:

NFL Network
ESPN Network

These websites:

This website
Yahoo Sports
Fox Sports
ESPN Sports - NFL
NFL Network

Print:

Your newspaper
His Newspaper
Their Newspaper

Actually, I did look under the sofas this weekend when I had them moved for carpet cleaning. I didn't find it there, but did find your copy of "your career as
an internet blog critic". When you've live about 25 more years let me know, and then I might have some time for your input.

Time to let it go...
Cris Collinsworth gave us props during the TARDS game.

On KNBR, the two announcers for the game both stated that the Niner played well enough to win. They also said that the Niners were not an elite team but were on their way. Both announcers felt that the Niners were the toughest team in the NFC west and would win the west as well. So some positive media out there.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
On KNBR, the two announcers for the game both stated that the Niner played well enough to win. They also said that the Niners were not an elite team but were on their way. Both announcers felt that the Niners were the toughest team in the NFC west and would win the west as well. So some positive media out there.

Toughest team in the NFC West...that's not saying much. After the last few years, you can't complain though I guess.

If we win our divison, (which I believe we'll have to do in order to make the playoffs) we could get a home game against a talented team and upset them. After that, anything is possible.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
anything is possible.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Peter King has us #9 in his rankings he does. He said the loss to the Vikes doesn't drop us in his mind or something like that.

I think people see that the Vikes pulled that win out of there a$$ and they are starting to respect the Niners. I can't remember the last time people actually respected us.

The same Peter King who picked us to finish 3rd in the west and Seattle to win it in SI

lol

Don't count your chickens before they hatch bro, we haven't won the west yet, he could still be right on that.

Who’s counting anything? My point was simple. Must be nice to be a sports writer and say whatever you want week to week and people actually care about what you say.

Quote:
Peter King pre season rankings
25. San Francisco
When I think of the big factors in the Niners' 4-1 finish, I think of Patrick Willis playing sideline-to-sideline and the underrated Parys Haralson giving the team a decent pass-rush threat from the outside linebacker slot. They keyed a defense that held four of San Francisco's last five foes to 16 points or fewer. And I think of Mike Singletary's will, which cannot last for four months. I still don't think this offense can score enough to make San Francisco a threat to win its division.

Quote:

After Week 2
11. San Francisco 49ers (2-0): So, maybe the Seahawks weren’t as good as we all (okay, namely me) thought? We know Frank Gore’s the s**t. More than 200 yards on only 12 carries. But still, Shaun Hill under center? In the words of Seth Meyers, really?
Share 49ersWebzone