There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Positive out of yesterday's game

Although, we did lose on a f**ken fluke play, the seahawks and cardinals both lost so we didn't lose any ground in the division. We are still 1 up in the division and have a win against the two biggest competitors in the Cards, and the Hawks.

Not a big positive but a positive none the less.

Baby steps people, baby steps.
I agree, that is a good thing. The Cards looked terrible last night.
I thought Ahmad Brooks tackle behind the LOS on Harvin's reverse was awesome.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I thought Ahmad Brooks tackle behind the LOS on Harvin's reverse was awesome.

So did Peter King:

Quote:
b. Ahmad Brooks, the San Francisco linebacker in Patrick Willis' shadow, made a tremendous knockdown of Percy Harvin, sniffing out a reverse and nailing him for a loss.
TONS of positives to take from this game. Biggest one would be how mentally tough this team is. Singletary is making a huge difference. The team could of folded after the first 2 quarters of football, but they stayed strong and just about won the game. Vernon Davis has made a complete U turn with his attitude, resulting in better play. His blocking is outstanding!!!
Your right we lost to a good team yesterday that had a QB that had a reputation for comebacks.

Our OLine needs work, but a positive is that we were able to move the ball passing.
If our braintrust would see what commentators are seeing with Hill's better pocket
presense, then we would be mixing it up a lot more with better results.

I'd rather see us mix it up and maybe give up an interception, then 9 or 10 men stacking the box on 1st and 2nd down. Of course yesterday, they could have had 9
men on the field for defense on 3rd downs, and we still wouldn't have got a first down.

All in all, our defense stood up, Hill and Davis stood up, but we need to get the ball to other receivers.
The fact that we played a good team on the road and were twelve seconds away from winning was very positive.

But best of all, is that fact that we didn't lose any ground in the NFC West. haha.

And we have a great chance to go 3-1 before we host the Falcons..

Here's to the Niners.
Originally posted by aacadena:
The fact that we played a good team on the road and were twelve seconds away from winning was very positive.

But best of all, is that fact that we didn't lose any ground in the NFC West. haha.

And we have a great chance to go 3-1 before we host the Falcons..

Here's to the Niners.

yea the loss doesn't really hurt us since everyone else in our division lost, but it still sucks that we SHOULD be 3-0 right now with everyone else 2 games behind us.
If anything, we gained respect through out the league and are now viewed as the favorite to win the NFC West.
VD all Day long , I can't belive we don't go to him more often and espeically the last drive insted of run run run !