There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why can't I.....

Why can't I, as a fan, not care about the results of the Niners' games each week. Why can't I learn not to give a damn, the way some other fans do? Why can't I just accept that its just a game, and one that I control in no way possible?

Its wierd. I've been a fan of the football/49ers since 2004. Yes, 2004, the year we were 2-14. Why is it that I have grown to love this team so much? I mean, its not like I was around during the glory days, or even the days in which we were good ( T.O, Garcia), that I have some hope from the past. I have just developed this sort of relationship with the Niners, that its almost as if I feel every win deep in my heart, and I feel every loss deep in my heart. When the Niners lose, I have a sort of feeling that is best described as misery. When they win, I feel as if anything bad that could happen from that day till next Sunday wouldn't matter one bit.

Does anyone else feel this way? And I know that no one has the answer, but.......

why?
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Sep 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM ]
I go into each game expecting the worse. I thought we would lose to Minnesota, only by more points. Yet it still ruins my entire day when they lose. Even when I expect us to lose. SO yes, it happens to all of us.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I go into each game expecting the worse. I thought we would lose to Minnesota, only by more points. Yet it still ruins my entire day when they lose. Even when I expect us to lose. SO yes, it happens to all of us.

I wasn't really referring to this game, but sure, i still feel like s**t right now.

I just never thought that I would ever become this emotionally attached to a sports team.
i definitely feel you on this one. the whole day i;ve been telling myself 'its just a game, its just a game', but i just love the 9ers too much. the 49ers r my religion
Yeah its because football is a game where you feel for the players. They give up thei bodies like soldiers every sunday and when we fight this hard and lose, you feel sympathy for them.

Thats how I feel about it sometimes. I hate Roman btw. We need to draft a safety. He blew his assignment completly. He was in position and didn't make it, f**k
If we are on this site and have red bars, we feel the same way you do
  • Adman
  • Veteran
You must be pretty young I'm guessing. If you were older you would have definitely liked the 49ers before 2004.
They don't love you, you shouldn't love them.
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
I saw Favres eyes before he threw the last pass.... and i gotta say i knew it was coming
f**k that frail s**t. I've been a PROUD Niner fan since I was seven (26 now), and I take this s**t WAY seriously. Hell, I tell all my friends I play for the Niners, and they don't whisper a damn peep about it.

Why? Cuz they know I am NOT TO BE f**kED with.

....what were we talking about again?
It's been bothering me all day. Especially after watching the Cards get hammered. The 49ers should have a two game lead. It's just very frustrating. It's not like baseball, when they can play again tomorrow. Oh well.
  • mod
  • Veteran
My story is exactly the same as yours... didnt become a hardcore fan till 2004.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i definitely feel you on this one. the whole day i;ve been telling myself 'its just a game, its just a game', but i just love the 9ers too much. the 49ers r my religion

I feel the same way. It feels like someone ripped my heart out it would of felt as bad if i didnt feel like we had the game in the bag. Deffinantly one of the more painfull losses in a long time
It bums me out but i don't let it ruin my day. I do other things to get through the day. I have always been like that, look at the positives of everything even if sometimes don't relate to what im sad or mad about.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Why can't I, as a fan, not care about the results of the Niners' games each week. Why can't I learn not to give a damn, the way some other fans do? Why can't I just accept that its just a game, and one that I control in no way possible?

Its wierd. I've been a fan of the football/49ers since 2004. Yes, 2004, the year we were 2-14. Why is it that I have grown to love this team so much? I mean, its not like I was around during the glory days, or even the days in which we were good ( T.O, Garcia), that I have some hope from the past. I have just developed this sort of relationship with the Niners, that its almost as if I feel every win deep in my heart, and I feel every loss deep in my heart. When the Niners lose, I have a sort of feeling that is best described as misery. When they win, I feel as if anything bad that could happen from that day till next Sunday wouldn't matter one bit.

Does anyone else feel this way? And I know that no one has the answer, but.......

why?

Its like that 1st Girlfriend.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home