LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Worst-Case Scenario First Round for 49ers

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Crick will not drop that far. Put Derek Wolfe in that spot and now we're talking.

Most mocks have him in the 3rd nowadays...
yup what the guy over in the corner said
Crick is a solid at 3.
If we can't get Fleener (Harbaugh wants him...he's still ticked he didn't draft Baldwin last year), I'd still love to see them take Doug Martin. Yeah, I know, we already have a crowded backfield, but he could be Gore's eventual replacement. Jacobs is only signed for 1 year...Martin's the best all-around RB in this draft and returns kicks. He's perfect for Harbaugh's WCO. I have no problem w/Gilmore...like pass rushers, you can never seemingly have too many good CB's. If they don't take Martin, I'd then like them to take Turbin, who's a beast, maybe rd 3. It won't surprise me to see Baalke trade up once, maybe twice, to end up with 4-5 really good players who'll stand a much better chance to crack what's already a full roster.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If we can't get Fleener (Harbaugh wants him...he's still ticked he didn't draft Baldwin last year), I'd still love to see them take Doug Martin. Yeah, I know, we already have a crowded backfield, but he could be Gore's eventual replacement. Jacobs is only signed for 1 year...Martin's the best all-around RB in this draft and returns kicks. He's perfect for Harbaugh's WCO. I have no problem w/Gilmore...like pass rushers, you can never seemingly have too many good CB's. If they don't take Martin, I'd then like them to take Turbin, who's a beast, maybe rd 3. It won't surprise me to see Baalke trade up once, maybe twice, to end up with 4-5 really good players who'll stand a much better chance to crack what's already a full roster.

Essentially, we cannot draft more than 4 or 5 players...or you'll end up having cut 4th round draft picks.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Cox was a 4th or 5th round pick by Denver. When he screwed the pooch in his personal life he was history. They knew something about him to cut him that fast. Pittsburgh's qb is a TWO time rapist and he didn't get cut. Talent talks, scrubs walk!

Thats a bad comparison. Roethlisberger had already been with the steelers for about five years and won two super bowls when his first incident occured and Cox has been in the league barely long enough to get his name imprinted on the back of his jersey. Complete different scenarios.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM ]
Zeitler=Most Immediate Impact. Why? Blocked in a pro style offense for Geep Chryst's brother Paul at Wisconsin. Blocked for Tolzein and oh, the RB he blocked for this year only tied the FBS record for most TD's scored in a season previously held by Barry Sanders. He'll get it done and start from day 1.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Thats a bad comparison. Roethlisberger had already been with the steelers for about five years and won two super bowls when his first incident occured and Cox has been in the league barely long enough to get his name imprinted on the back of his jersey. Complete different scenarios.

+

Also, Big Ben wasn't actually charged. And finally, Cox had legal troubles before being drafted...that's why he went from being a first round pick to a 5th rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone