There are 244 users in the forums

Q&A With "Move the Sticks'" Daniel Jeremiah!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Daniel is a former scout for the Browns and Ravens and is very respected in the NFL twitter circle. He has worked with Ozzie Newsome and Phil Savage and brings that knowledge to NFL fans daily. He has agreed to do a 49er Q&A for the Webzone so post your questions here!

Check out his Ask5 feature where he asks 5 NFL coaches/scouts/execs a question and posts the answers. An example? "Will the 49ers finish above .500? True or False?" 4-1 True.

Check out his website: http://www.movethesticks.com

And follow him on Twitter: @MoveTheSticks

Post your questions before Tuesday!
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
My questions thus far:

-How has Scott McCloughan done in drafting talent to the 49ers? He's hit on Willis and Gore, but missed badly on players like Smith and potentially Crabtree. What's the verdict on McCloughan as a GM?

-Is Shaun Hill Legit?

-Are the 49ers talented enough to do any damage this season?
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
With all the threads in here you guys have nothing you want to ask to someone who got paid by GMs like Ozzy Newsome to evaluate players?

This guy is pretty well respected in NFL circles. I'll be sending him questions by 12pm today.

Last chance. Ask away!
Originally posted by Oscar:
Daniel is a former scout for the Browns and Ravens and is very respected in the NFL twitter circle. He has worked with Ozzie Newsome and Phil Savage and brings that knowledge to NFL fans daily. He has agreed to do a 49er Q&A for the Webzone so post your questions here!

Check out his Ask5 feature where he asks 5 NFL coaches/scouts/execs a question and posts the answers. An example? "Will the 49ers finish above .500? True or False?" 4-1 True.

Check out his website: http://www.movethesticks.com

And follow him on Twitter: @MoveTheSticks

Post your questions before Tuesday!

thats where you lost me
fine ill bite

do you think Nate Davis has a future as a starting QB or do you see him as a career backup?
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Does Tony Pashos provide an upgrade to our O-line or are we looking at another Barry Sims on our roster?
In his opinion, How does Crabtree fit into the WR talent coming out next year?

Where would Crabs get drafted with all the baggage he brings?
[ Edited by D_Niner on Oct 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM ]
With all the threads in here you guys have nothing you want to ask to someone who got paid by GMs like Ozzy Newsome to evaluate players?

This guy is pretty well respected in NFL circles. I'll be sending him questions by 12pm today.

Last chance. Ask away!

This is the Webzone, where posters know everything.

On a serious note, my question: From the 49ers 2009 draft class, who's making the biggest impact in NFL four years down the line? This questions doesn't preclude players who may or may not be on the team in four years, just those picked by the 49ers in 2009.
With 2 first round picks coming up in the NFL draft, do you think the 49ers will target one of the big named QBs? If so who?

What are your thoughts on Tim Tebow making it as an NFL QB?

If the draft happened today, which QBs would go in the first round?
Can Shaun Hill lead this team deep into the playoffs? Will he be good enough the team doesn't go looking for a franchise QB next year?

If Hill plays well, what happens to A Smith next year? Will he be with the team? Is he still seen as the future, or is Nate Davis passing him by?

Where do you grade the talent on the 49ers roster? is it a playoff team talent or do you think they are overachiving?

go niners
Do you think the Niner would be better off firing Scott McCloughan and hiring Mike Holmgren at the end of the season?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Do you think the Niner would be better off firing Scott McCloughan and hiring Mike Holmgren at the end of the season?

I'd definitely like to see that, but I don't think that would be good for Singletary.
What do you think of Kentwan Balmer's development so far and how good do you think he can eventually be?

Last chance. Ask away!

It's because these guys cover themselves for their next job and give nothing but politically correct answers. You ask them about Nate Davis and they give you the obvious: If he continues to improve on this and that...blah blah blah...in the right system...yes.

On Holmgren: you cannot deny what Holmgren has done in the league and his pedigree but McCloughan seems to getting the personnel of this team complete....blah blah blah.

NFL people who are not retired and cannot risk burning bridges do not provide informative responses. This is why it is refreshing to hear, as pompus as it may sound, guys like Harrison and Sapp on teams.
Share 49ersWebzone