There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Questions for Singletary @ Monday's Press Conference

• ZRF80
Now that we've lost using the same offensive mentality, maybe some of you west coasters could fill me in on what type of questions are asked of the head coach on Monday mornings.

Obviously, our offense has been bland since the season began, and most of us were enamored with the "hey, we havent lost, so why fix it" mantra. Now that we've lost, and our heads have come out of cloud nine, maybe SOMEONE could finally ask Singletary if he has any plans on tweaking the offense. I mean, this is getting ridiculous. Three straight weeks.....same exact offensive philosophy. In each game, we were forced to go 180 degrees in the opposite direction, and become pass happy, allowing Hill to get us a game-winning drive.

Raye has got to change it up, and I hope someone will ask Mike if he plans on addressing this issue..........
[ Edited by ZRF80 on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM ]
Drill Raye a new one
  • sboucke
  • Info N/A
hey - today was one of the best football games of the season. We got hit in the mouth! It was the best 49er game I have seen for quite some time.

My issue:

I hate late game prevent defenses. I would think the defense would also. Seems to me, in many cases, the defense should paly as normal. And in the many cases, let's let them win the game at the end in the way they GOT US TO THE LEAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!

In my business, as an owner, in an tough situation, I always go 100% with the people who got me there.

No mattter what, one of the best player 49er games in several years. Ouch, my mouth was hit!
My Q for Sing: "The offense had a chance to put the game away by picking up a first down on that last drive of the game. You ran 3 times, choosing to burn the Vikings time outs and didnt seem to think about trying to reach the first down marker. If you could replay that series, would you have attempted a pass and try to let your offense win the game for you?"
f**k. There is nothing wrong with the O. It's a new offense and we scored 17 points being 0-11 on 3rd downs. Once it starts clicking its all over. It takes time to develop whats the right throw against certain blitzes and once Hill is comfortable in the O he will check out of plays at the line. Right now it's still to new to try that stuff. By week 6-7 our O will look much better trust me.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
f**k. There is nothing wrong with the O. It's a new offense and we scored 17 points being 0-11 on 3rd downs. Once it starts clicking its all over. It takes time to develop whats the right throw against certain blitzes and once Hill is comfortable in the O he will check out of plays at the line. Right now it's still to new to try that stuff. By week 6-7 our O will look much better trust me.

I'm saving this, see you in a few weeks, and I sure hope your right!!
Mr. Singletary, you seem to preach an aggressive style of play...how can you preach that AND a very conservative nature when the game is on the line? I notice Hill is playing not to make a mistake this year, the defense plays prevent when the pressure is on and your offense is the most vanilla and predictable play-calling I've seen. In fact, would you you be willing to pull a Synder and place a gallon of vanilla ice cream on Raye's desk? He doesn't seem to have any feel for the game and makes zero in-game and half-time adjustments. What gives? But congrats on almost being 3 and 0.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Mr. Singletary, you seem to preach an aggressive style of play...how can you preach that AND a very conservative nature when the game is on the line? I notice Hill is playing not to make a mistake this year, the defense plays prevent when the pressure is on and your offense is the most vanilla and predictable play-calling I've seen. In fact, would you you be willing to pull a Synder and place a gallon of vanilla ice cream on Raye's desk? He doesn't seem to have any feel for the game and makes zero in-game and half-time adjustments. What gives? But congrats on almost being 3 and 0.

Or almost being 1-2.

Seriously though, the playcalling, especially on offense has just been WAY too predictable.

-9fA
Originally posted by Joecool:

Or almost being 1-2.

You Vets are something else.
Yeah...Coach why is Uncle Fester still employed??????? He is not TE friendly.....
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Seriously though, the playcalling, especially on offense has just been WAY too predictable.

-9fA

agree
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

I'm saving this, see you in a few weeks, and I sure hope your right!!

I am. Havent you noticed every week there is a new wrinkle. Just wait till our O fully grasps the O with our awesome D. Watch the f**k out.
You have to like that VD finally got involved in the offense. But, no conversions on third down is not going to bode well for the rest of the year. Of course, it's pretty hard to lose Gore and not lose some efficiency.

Hopefully, Jones will allow them to throw downfield a bit more once he gets acclimated.
Back in the day, I used to go to El Toritos on Monday nights, eat chips and salsa, have a beer and watch football with my buddies. They had this national game on these TV's where you had a controller and you could pick what the play call was going to be (e.g. run off tackle, run up the middle, pass 10 yards, etc.) before it happened and if you got it right, you'd score points and you could see where you stood locally and nationally.

It got me into the mindset of noticing how offenses lined up and predicting how I would defend them.

With that said, with Raye's offense, I would be a national champion! Again, the opposition does not even NEED to have a game plan against us but play a base defense and watch how we line up. It's a run? Stack 8-9 in the box and run blitz up the gut. If it's a pass, tight coverage within 10 yards.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home