There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No Moral Victories!

I'm not big on moral victories guys believe me. I dont know about u guys, but i was worried that we would go into minnesotta and get destroyed although i never let it be known. When frank went down early and minn jumped out to an early 10-0 lead my fears started coming through. I was pleasantly surprised to see the fight in our guys. Not only did we fight back w/o our best offensive player, we dominated minn in the second half other than that last drive and the ST play given up to harvin. Man this is the most confident i have felt about our niners since 2002! I feel it is good to get this lesson early and still have the lead the div with the 0-3 rams coming to town next week, than later on in an important game with playoff implications.
So in spite of your distaste for moral victories you experienced one anyway.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
So in spite of your distaste for moral victories you experienced one anyway.

Hahahaha. yep.
yeah bro, im sooooooo excited about this year. The vibe is so different........Now lets all become huge colt fans for the night!
Originally posted by STNiner:
I'm not big on moral victories guys believe me. I dont know about u guys, but i was worried that we would go into minnesotta and get destroyed although i never let it be known. When frank went down early and minn jumped out to an early 10-0 lead my fears started coming through. I was pleasantly surprised to see the fight in our guys. Not only did we fight back w/o our best offensive player, we dominated minn in the second half other than that last drive and the ST play given up to harvin. Man this is the most confident i have felt about our niners since 2002! I feel it is good to get this lesson early and still have the lead the div with the 0-3 rams coming to town next week, than later on in an important game with playoff implications.

Niners went into a hostile environment against a quality team in a game that mattered and almost pulled it out. It has been a long time since this team has been able to do that.
yeah bro, im sooooooo excited about this year. The vibe is so different........Now lets all become huge colt fans for the night!
Originally posted by BHulman:

And as distastesful as it is, Cowboy fans tomorrow night.
[ Edited by BHulman on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM ]
  • ZRF80
Misleading title....

n basically won in my mind..... like do u think we could have done that last year or the year before? No way, Minn would have beaten us senseless.
Originally posted by BHulman:

This is the tone we need to hear. We have NOTHING to be a shamed of people. Think about it.
All the players are saying that they are not happy with the "Moral Victory"
n basically won in my mind..... like do u think we could have done that last year or the year before? No way, Minn would have beaten us senseless.

I agree ST. 100%
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I'm glad we're not in the Vikings situation. They've created a house of cards more dependent on a 40 yr old QB than they'll admit. Favre's probably gone next year. If they don't win it all this year they may be starting over. Did you see how temperamental those fans were. Did I not hear them booing their own Offense early third quarter? That's the weight of expectations on a team.

lol