LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 187 users in the forums

What we know about Raye's offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fun and ironic thread (best served after a devastating loss during the 2009 season)

At least now we know that:
1) the taser doesn't work
2) the morgan motion doesn't work
3) run run run doesn't work
4) run run run again doesn't work either
5) shaun hill can carry this team as far as necessary
6) ...

Add on at will and enjoy

PS : i bet this list will be 20 items longer before the end of the season (that is if Raye stays)
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Fun and ironic thread (best served after a devastating loss during the 2009 season)

6) ...PS : i bet this list will be 20 items longer before the end of the season (that is if Raye stays

Add on at will and enjoy

Thats what Gore scored his 2 TD's on!! Yikes. What I know is that it is a new offense and we will only get better every week.
[ Edited by 49wyztoscore on Sep 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM ]
when they need to run the ball, they can't. proven in every game so far.
there are so many different ways of still running the ball.... I wish we would spread the defense out a bit....create one on one stituations with our RB vs their LB or something.

so i formation 3 wide with Vernon as the slot WR.....we can run in this situation or pass if we need to.

on second down, shotgun with a RB back there....draw play.

just spread them out a bit every now and then so they don't keep run blitzing us....because what happens is that when they run blitz, think we are running....and we do a playaction...they already have defenders penetrating in the back field.

just mix up the running plays.....throw some shovel passes in there... I know they want to run the ball...and we still can...but lets make the defense think alittle back...get them on the back of their heels...instead of having their ears pinned back ready to attack because they know where to go.
Rayes offense is pathetic. The only time it looks good is when were passing maybe we should try it more often because running out of the same formations isnt going to cut it. Love the defence tho all except for not putting any pressure on farve at the end of the game

This says it all. Time to wake the f**k up, its 2009 not 1990.
and yet if mark roman could cover we would be 3-0.
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
Rayes offense is pathetic. The only time it looks good is when were passing maybe we should try it more often because running out of the same formations isnt going to cut it. Love the defence tho all except for not putting any pressure on farve at the end of the game

True, when you play at the end of the game to put the ball in the hands of a HOF QB with as many come-back wins as Favre, you're jut asking to lose.

I watch other games and it's a cat-n-mouse game. When teams put 8 in the box, QB's audible out and pass. When there isn't success inside running, they spread it out to create room. When CB's are playing man-to-man you go after them. When a d-line is whipping your o-line, you run screen passes and pitch-out runs off tackle.

I SEE NONE OF THIS WITH RAYE - ZERO ADJUSTMENTS IN-GAME AND AT HALF-TIME.
I would feel better if Hiill was the one calling all the plays.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I would feel better if Hiill was the one calling all the plays.

f**k it, let Alex call the plays from the sidelines. Gotta be better than this.

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
when they need to run the ball, they can't. proven in every game so far.
First off, relax. Raye's offense operated without Frank Gore for the entire game. The cowbell, remember? Raye called an excellent game overall. My biggest problem with the game was that we turned from a team that was playing to win, into a team that was playing not to lose. The more I analyze the game, the more Im disappointed in the 3 and out following the stop on 4th and 5. We didnt attempt to pass for the 1st down. The most crucial 1st down of the game. We could have let Shaun Hill and Co. WIN the game for us on the offensive side of the ball by getting that 1st down and never give Favre the ball back. We didnt even think about going for the win. We instead burn their TOs and try not to lose. I think the fumble on the pitch froze us in our tracks. I know we didnt lose it but it felt that it turned the tide against us. Players were more conservative, as were coaches.

I think that the coaches said a lot to the offense today. They said with the game on the line, we dont think you can finish off a team.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49Fever:

6) ...

Add on at will and enjoy

PS : i bet this list will be 20 items longer before the end of the season (that is if Raye stays)

"shaun hill can carry this team as far as necessary"

Perhaps, without the others things you mention, Shaun Hill wouldn't be able to carry this team as far as necessary. Perhaps, he would not fair nearly as well when opposing teams aren't stacking the box selling out to the run? Maybe other teams would simply choose another way to skin the 49er cat, and maybe that would not be such a good thing foe Shaun Hill and the team? Just saying, it ain't nowhere near as simple as you are trying to make it to be....and teams will probably eat up our passing game if it wasn't for respecting our running game. He ain't no Brett Favre, he ain't no Manning...he's probably only as good as our running game, receiver's and our blocking is and nothing more. They will likely smother his options down field the minute they stop respecting the run. If that happens, the people will get to b***h about (whoever the coach is) running a dink a dunk offense with no run game and no long game either.

This team still needs an accurate rocket arm with poise, leadership and good completion percentage, and even when it has it...it better still be able to run that ball, which they would likely be even better at as teams would not be so eager to sell out on the run....which is what every team we have played this year has done.

Really, my only true complaint of Jimmy's offense is...

I WANT MORE PLAY ACTION DAMNIT! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE! I THINK I SEE LIKE ONLY A COUPLE EVERY GAME, A COUPLE?!!??!!? WE NEED PLAY ACTION DAMNIT!

PA! PA! PA! PA! PA! PA!

okh im done
We know that every other team has its number!
Share 49ersWebzone