There are 231 users in the forums

Does Anyone Feel Like This ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I was so upset I couldn't fap for a few hours.

What is "fap". Is it like "pwned" or something?

I am proud of our team. I'll take this moment to point out something here. It has been way too long since anyone of us could have an expectation (based in reality) that because our team lost this week they are gonna open up a can of whoop-a$$ on next week's opponents. The lambs are gonna hurt next week. This loss will be their "tackling fuel" for the rest of the season.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I was so upset I couldn't fap for a few hours.

What is "fap". Is it like "pwned" or something?

I am proud of our team. I'll take this moment to point out something here. It has been way too long since anyone of us could have an expectation (based in reality) that because our team lost this week they are gonna open up a can of whoop-a$$ on next week's opponents. The lambs are gonna hurt next week. This loss will be their "tackling fuel" for the rest of the season.

I dont think i'll be able to fap for a week. this game was such a heartbreaker
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I'm in the UK so I watched the game via TVU. It ended about 9:30PM so afterwards I mulled round for a little bit and then went to bed, after repeatedly telling my GF "I can't believe it, he done it to us again!" Then I couldnt get to sleep, just had a horrible empty feeling inside I still have it this morning!
Originally posted by NickV:
I was more animated for sure. I was just cursing and yelling for like 10 minutes after the game.
:(

That was a tough defeat. It hurt. It still eats at me this morning. When I went to bed last night, all I kept seeing was Lewis’ feet tapping the end zone. I barely spoke for about 2 hours after the game, nothing anybody could say would make it better. I feel like I used to when I was about 10 years old, watching my soccer team Reading FC being beat in the last minute of a cup game after hanging with one of the top flight teams for 89 minutes.

It was an incredible catch and it was Favre of old, the 49er killer that threw the ball. it’s going to be on highlight reels all week, it’s going to be on highlight reels of Favre’s career, it’s going to be on highlight reels all season, we’re not going to get away from it. I just knew that even though our Defense had performed well, we’d left Brett with too much time on the clock, especially the way that on 3rd and long we have a knack of making it look incredibly easy for offenses to convert against us, I’d love to see some stats on that. People are saying “this 49ers defense is for real” but until we stop that happening, we can then maybe start getting more excited about it. But they are moving in the right direction. I was really worried about where our pass rush was going to come from, but McDonald, Smith, Balmer, Lawson, Haralson and the Soap have all performed very impressively, it’s certainly helped out our secondary in a big way, allowing Bly and Clements to make big plays and help out in run support.

We’d had little success in running the ball up the gut, bar a couple of nice gains from Coffee, so with a shade under two minutes of the game left, up by 4 points, what does our OC call, 3 runs up the gut, with the Vikes having all 3 Time out’s on the board. Result, 3 and out and a punt. It was predictably rubbish, the Vikes knew what was coming, My friend and I in our conversation knew what was coming. We went 0/11 on 3rd down conversions. ONE would have won us the game. A paltry looking 1/11 third down conversions would have been good enough.

I think Raye has done a good job so far, I know there have been times that we’ve sat and watched and thought, “What the f**k kind of play calling was that?” but normality usually followed. We’ve had the same the last 7 years with each different guy calling the shots, but Raye seems to have a better hand of what he’s doing, if a little conservative, but he needs to do better in more critical situations. The drive before, we had the ball moving well through the air on some short routes and Hill dinking them out in the flats to Morgan and VD, we just needed that little something at the end that was less predictable and we would be looking at 3-0 right now and then everybody would be talking about us.

Nobody really gave us much of a chance and I think that played well for us. It doesn’t make it any easier after what did happen, but we can hold our heads up and feel proud this morning. We have a good game to bounce back in this Sunday, with or without Gore, we should get the job done by activating Sheets to the roster and I’d like to see us put the ball in the air a little more.
Norris made some excellent lead blocks last night, he took out Pat Williams a beaut on one particular one, that sprang a hole for Coffee to pick up a first down. Norris is key to winning games.

If Hill is the long term starter, then we need to plan for Hill to be a long term starter, but right now, he’s game managing on a leash. I almost feel as if he’s there doing a job, because next year there’s going to be a new guy in town. I just have a feeling, I don’t know what it is, but it’s there. It won’t be Smith. It might be Nate, but I think they’re looking at the way Sanchez is performing and thinking oh boy, he’s legit, with half an eye on somebody similar in college.

If somebody had said that after week 3, we’d be 2-1, then I’d have bitten your hand off, knowing that we’d beaten 2 of Arizona, Seattle and Minnesota. If we can push that to 3-1 (3-0) then Atlanta may not find this game as easy as they may have initially thought at the start of the year. After the Rams, the schedule is tough for 10 games, very tough.
Atlanta
@ Houston
@ Indianapolis
Tennessee
Chicago
@ Green Bay
Jacksonville
@ Seattle
Arizona
@ Philadelphia

We have to get 5 wins from those games. Following last night and dependant on how we bounce back, I’m confident we can, but a lot will depend on Gore’s speedy recovery, getting Staley back into the team and solidifying the Right Tackle and Left Guard positions. Josh Morgan was helping out in blocking an awful lot last night, going in motion and getting in next to RT and LT with VD downfield pass catching, we can’t be reliant on that though.

So in terms of a performance, 8.5/10.
More work needed for the Offense on The O line and play calling,
More work needed for the Defense on 3rd and long situations and batting the ball away.
Originally posted by Stuuk:
I'm in the UK so I watched the game via TVU. It ended about 9:30PM so afterwards I mulled round for a little bit and then went to bed, after repeatedly telling my GF "I can't believe it, he done it to us again!" Then I couldnt get to sleep, just had a horrible empty feeling inside I still have it this morning!

Where about's are you dude? I live in Gloucestershire, but originally from Reading. My GF lives in Reading as well.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

Where about's are you dude? I live in Gloucestershire, but originally from Reading. My GF lives in Reading as well.

Not too far away from Reading. I'm in Essex, my GF has friends in Bristol who she visits quite a lot thats in your neck of the woods?
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

Not too far away from Reading. I'm in Essex, my GF has friends in Bristol who she visits quite a lot thats in your neck of the woods?

Yeah about half hour away, I'm 10 miles the other side of the Severn Bridge.
If you're still down, try watching this. It helped me get over it somewhat.
It was a tough loss to stomach. We had good coverage it was a good pass and I am letting it go personally. With our offensive line I am getting tired of 60-40 I really want to see a more balanced attack and I am tired of throwing short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down. This dumping it off short and expecting the receiver to get YAC to reach the 1st down marker is driving me nuts. I want to see us throwing to someone beyond the 1st down marker. I was glad to see all of the other teams in our division lose today.
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:13 AM ]

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
lmao where's that fitz "no no no" gif, that is EXACTLY how i felt

• Dino
  • Veteran
for real though, i was in shock. took a long nap. woke up and watched the cards get their ass beat.

i feel a little better since everyone else in our division lost.

still hurts though.
Here's the good part of the play: it forces us to focus on everything we messed up on. If we win the game we gloss over the obvious issues we have at the o-line and playcalling.
It was a big let down but we will bounce back next Sunday against the rams, even without Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone