Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan motioning to chip block

• Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by crzy:
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.

Gore scored both his long touchdowns on plays from that formation last week.

Only one key difference, the Vikings run defense doesn't suck.

That's a play that won't work against a defense like Minnesota's.

Seahawks 9 man front is just a couple of extra blocking dummies. Vikings 9 man front is a wall.

Coffee did have a few good runs against 8-9 man fronts though.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...

but he hides and everything
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.

shouldnt they already know?
arent we a "running offense"?
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...

Guys, this is what fans do on a weekly basis. Jump from one side to the fence to the other. Just last week , you guys on this forum praised the WR's for their blocking, especially morgan. Gores to huge runs were off Morgan Chip Block run blitz pick ups. Lets not whine and dine on a weekly basis please.

You obviously don't post in Niner Talk very often, it's full of whiners whether we win or lose lol
Originally posted by krizay:
I hate how we keep motioning Morgan to chip block the defensive ends or pass protect against the run blitz.

We keep TELEGRAPHING the run for the opposing defense....and the ends and linebackers still get upfield.

We need to be more creative when we run up the middle.

Didn't even tipping the snap

I believe this is something to be used to our advantage at a later time. People watch film, get ready for a run play and boom, we hit 'em with a pass play. This is something I recall Norv turner talking about. Not just setting up plays for later in the game, but for future opponents.

Also, one of our goals was to be able to run even when they knew it was coming and Coffee was able to break off a nine-yard run out of that formation early on.
It looks like Raye is trying to run plays to repeatedly to set up for something else whether it is this game or one later on. We looked good when we finally opened up the offense.