There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan motioning to chip block

this just epitomizes our offense...we ran that play, probably 12-15 times today. sometimes we ran it back to back, or we ran it more than 3 times in one drive, and it got stuffed. Shaun Hill sucks, but Jimmy Raye is making him look muchhhhhh worse than he really is. How many plays does Jimmy have to chose from? 10?

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. morgan motion/squat down play to Gore up the middle
1. vernon davis seam up the middle
1. screen to moran norris
1. beautiful deep dig route to Isaac Bruce.
1. Pitch to the outside

BAM niners offense.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I feel like a couple of times when Coffee got out into the secondary...instead of running to break free and away from the defenders...he would almost run into them on purpose instead of try and find open space.

He does too much galloping with his feet when he should be sprinting all out when he is in the secondary.
I've seen us call PA out of that look

Gore did score 2 TD's last week out of that look

Hill does not suck, please Dynasty get a grip
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...

Guys, this is what fans do on a weekly basis. Jump from one side to the fence to the other. Just last week , you guys on this forum praised the WR's for their blocking, especially morgan. Gores to huge runs were off Morgan Chip Block run blitz pick ups. Lets not whine and dine on a weekly basis please.

this would make sense if the niners didnt play in the NFL, where they actually watch film. Sure it got gores huge runs, but you dont think other teams will pick up on that? your gonna go off of those two runs for the rest of the year? comon man.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

this just epitomizes our offense...we ran that play, probably 12-15 times today. sometimes we ran it back to back, or we ran it more than 3 times in one drive, and it got stuffed. Shaun Hill sucks, but Jimmy Raye is making him look muchhhhhh worse than he really is. How many plays does Jimmy have to chose from? 10?

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. Pitch to the outside

BAM niners offense.

Yet we were near going 3-0 and are sitting atop the nfc west at 2-1. Guys please be quiet, if we were 0-3 maybe its acceptable, but stop complaining. A win is a Win, and all these whining fans give us 49ers fans such a bad image.

thats all
Originally posted by Conejo:
I've seen us call PA out of that look

Gore did score 2 TD's last week out of that look

Hill does not suck, please Dynasty get a grip

this would make sense if the niners didnt play in the NFL, where they actually watch film. Sure it got gores huge runs, but you dont think other teams will pick up on that? your gonna go off of those two runs for the rest of the year? comon man.

and again, he wont score two TDs like last week because

1. he is injured

2. NFL teams, I THINK, I COULD BE WRONG, will pick up on that play.

so were gonna need to look somewhere else, and we didnt. we couldnt pick up a first down when we needed it, because our playcalling is dogsh*t. its true, just admit it.

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. Pitch to the outside

BAM niners offense.

Yet we were near going 3-0 and are sitting atop the nfc west at 2-1. Guys please be quiet, if we were 0-3 maybe its acceptable, but stop complaining. A win is a Win, and all these whining fans give us 49ers fans such a bad image.

thats all

If this was a defensive thread, it would be a different story. Shaun hill has 1 good drive in a game, and everyone sh*ts themselves. I LOVEEEEE our defense. Thats why we're close to 3-0, it has nothing to do with Jimmy or Shaun. Defense can win games, but just like we saw today, a terrible offense that cant pick up 3rd downs can lose them.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM ]

If this was a defensive thread, it would be a different story. Shaun hill has 1 good drive in a game, and everyone sh*ts themselves. I LOVEEEEE our defense. Thats why we're close to 3-0, it has nothing to do with Jimmy or Shaun. Defense can win games, but just like we saw today, a terrible offense that cant pick up 3rd downs can lose them.

AGREED!!! One good drive does not make a great game by a QB. 0/11 on 3rd down? That's a huge issue we need to address and at least half of those plays were on the players and not bad calls by our coaches.

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. Pitch to the outside

BAM niners offense.

thats all

Were 2-1, our defense is incredible. If we had won this game, we would be so pumped up and their wouldnt be none of these "Chip BLock" threads. Whats that mean, that we just are venting and letting go of some steam, because even without completing a 3rd down, it was the DEFENSE that allowed the game winning play, playing prevent. So regardless of what happened on 3rd down, that last play should never occur with 6 Dbacks in the game. Where is a thread about that???
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...
Guys, this is what fans do on a weekly basis. Jump from one side to the fence to the other. Just last week , you guys on this forum praised the WR's for their blocking, especially morgan. Gores to huge runs were off Morgan Chip Block run blitz pick ups. Lets not whine and dine on a weekly basis please.

but i thought crabtree was going to sign this week?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Exactly....that last play is why we lost. Not the offense. Not the prevent defense.

I'm just saying after it didn't work the 6 times earlier, how about trying a counter or a toss or a stretch play without motioning Morgan anywhere? I just don't get it. We obviously weren't hitting running plays up the middle all day... we really were just telling them we were running. We ran that play like 10 or 11 times.
  • nooj
  • Veteran

Here's our playbook:

1 wildcat.
1. Pitch to the outside

BAM niners offense.

thats all

Were 2-1, our defense is incredible. If we had won this game, we would be so pumped up and their wouldnt be none of these "Chip BLock" threads. Whats that mean, that we just are venting and letting go of some steam, because even without completing a 3rd down, it was the DEFENSE that allowed the game winning play, playing prevent. So regardless of what happened on 3rd down, that last play should never occur with 6 Dbacks in the game. Where is a thread about that???

I agree with you that last play should have never happened. It was a fluke play. But what is unacceptable is giving Farve back the ball with 1:29 to play.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but we were literally 6 yards away from putting the game away. Coffee was getting stuffed behind the line all day with a swarming Vikings defense. I think it's not out of line to question 3 run plays in a row.

Singletary wanted to make sure this game wasn't about Peterson and Farve. In doing so, he didn't respect Farve's history of late game comebacks.
damn, its used wayy too often. Morgan needs to do a better job of disguising it too.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
damn, its used wayy too often. Morgan needs to do a better job of disguising it too.

I hope they look at the film and fix it. I trust Singletary will handle that.