There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan motioning to chip block

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
I hate how we keep motioning Morgan to chip block the defensive ends or pass protect against the run blitz.

We keep TELEGRAPHING the run for the opposing defense....and the ends and linebackers still get upfield.

We need to be more creative when we run up the middle.
Jimmy Raye STAPLE

its not going away

just like the Taser
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,919
Originally posted by crzy:
I hate how we keep motioning Morgan to chip block the defensive ends or pass protect against the run blitz.

We keep TELEGRAPHING the run for the opposing defense....and the ends and linebackers still get upfield.

We need to be more creative when we run up the middle.

Didn't even tipping the snap
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...
They ran 2 playactions with that look today, though. Not for much, granted...
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,557
This seems like the ONLY running play we use. I swear its like SCREAMING at other team telling them are gonna run.

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.
  • Bille
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 249
We did playaction pass twice out of it, so it's not like we always run out of it.
Originally posted by crzy:
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.

Gore scored both his long touchdowns on plays from that formation last week.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jimmy Raye STAPLE

its not going away

just like the Taser

lol
  • nooj
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 477
Originally posted by Bille:
We did playaction pass twice out of it, so it's not like we always run out of it.

Yeah, but were we going to fool the defense on 3rd and 6? That play was going nowhere even before it started. We might as well have knelt the ball to avoid a fumble possibility.
Originally posted by Bille:
We did playaction pass twice out of it, so it's not like we always run out of it.

I think mogan caught both balls out of that.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by crzy:
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.

Gore scored both his long touchdowns on plays from that formation last week.

Only one key difference, the Vikings run defense doesn't suck.

That's a play that won't work against a defense like Minnesota's.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by crzy:
We might as well tell the defense we're going to run.

Gore scored both his long touchdowns on plays from that formation last week.

Only one key difference, the Vikings run defense doesn't suck.

That's a play that won't work against a defense like Minnesota's.

Who knows gore went out. coffee can't make a guy miss like him.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
over and over and over... sheesh, if that was not an indicator for a run, I do not know what was...

Guys, this is what fans do on a weekly basis. Jump from one side to the fence to the other. Just last week , you guys on this forum praised the WR's for their blocking, especially morgan. Gores to huge runs were off Morgan Chip Block run blitz pick ups. Lets not whine and dine on a weekly basis please.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home