LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Open up the playbook.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I agree... I'd love to see them pass the ball the entire first quarter. Talk about unexpected...

Free Shaun

Completely agree. We need to come out throwing to put pressure on the Vikings defense. If we can get a 10 point lead like the Lions did we will win this game easily. If we can't it will be a dog fight throughout the whole game. I'm going to be sitting in my living room screaming & enjoying it either way. Go 49ers!
Personally I think the problem is more of Raye's play calling and the WR's getting open than Hill's arm strength. Bruce is old as dirt and Morgan isn't nowhere near as good as folks hyped him up to be. He's still young and developing but folks were talking bout him like he was a for sure 1,000 WR. Not to mention they don't want to drop back so much b/c pass protection was a problem for the o line. I think it's a combination of everything and not just them not trusting Hill.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
I think hill is the one who has been holding back some

how so?

by holding on to the ball and taking the sack instead of forcing some throws which could result in a turnover.

so he's been holding us back by not forcing throws that could result in turnovers?

nope, putting words in my mouth again.

i said hill is holding back. not holding us back.

he is holding back on the throws that could result in an INT
Ya of course he has his limitations, we all know he's no Dan Marino, but I think this mentality that has been installed in him through out TC/preseason to be ultra conservative doesn't help him, gotta show some faith and trust in your QB.
Ya of course he has his limitations, we all know he's no Dan Marino, but I think this mentality that has been installed in him through out TC/preseason to be ultra conservative doesn't help him, gotta show some faith and trust in your QB.

I think as the season goes along he will take a few more chances here & there. Singletary knows he can throw the ball, but 2-0 in the division is much more important than stats. We beat the Rams we will be 3-0 with control of the division. I can deal with that for sure.

What singletary and raye are trying to prove is that u dont need the arm and the talent, you just need the smarts. shaun hill is showing it so far this season. He has 0 INTS and a passer rating of 87.8 along with 2 wins. Just because your qb cant put up great fantasy numbers doesnt mean your team is doomed.

also shaun hill has showed he can make the downfield plays when they are necessary.

What singletary and raye are trying to prove is that u dont need the arm and the talent, you just need the smarts. shaun hill is showing it so far this season. He has 0 INTS and a passer rating of 87.8 along with 2 wins. Just because your qb cant put up great fantasy numbers doesnt mean your team is doomed.

also shaun hill has showed he can make the downfield plays when they are necessary.

They better let him throw it on the Vikings because I do not see Gore getting big yards this game, their whole team is just good against the run, it's pretty scary, their pass defense is nothing to rave about.

It would be awesome if Hill pulls another rabbit out of the hat, and gives us a week 16 vs. Rams performance again .
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Throw to set up the run. Against Arizona when we needed six Hill threw like 15 times and completed around 13 on a drive. All this talk about running. Let's throw some on first downs. If we were playing the Raiders and could sustain drives doing nothing but running great. But having umteen three and outs doesn't do anything for us. We tell everyone we are going to run and when things get desperate they know we're going to pass. A little more creativity and unpredictability would go a long way.
Morgan, Battle and Walker need to get a few touches if were gonna put some points on the board, it seems Hill trusts Bruce and Davis the most when looking for targets, we cant go into the metrodome with a predictable game plan and one dimensional attack ...As Coach says..... "We cant Just give them the game"

Is Jason Hill gonna suit up on Sunday ? ...were gonna need all our weapons to beat the Vikings defense
Originally posted by lamontb:
Personally I think the problem is more of Raye's play calling and the WR's getting open than Hill's arm strength. Bruce is old as dirt and Morgan isn't nowhere near as good as folks hyped him up to be. He's still young and developing but folks were talking bout him like he was a for sure 1,000 WR. Not to mention they don't want to drop back so much b/c pass protection was a problem for the o line. I think it's a combination of everything and not just them not trusting Hill.

I highly doubt this...

It more has to do with Hill not wanting to screw up than anything. Singletary doesn't want turnovers...Hill wants to keep his job. So, Hill isn't going to throw deep and possibly get picked off unless he is SURE the WR has beaten his man. Hill will just continue to check down and throw the 8 yard...12 yard pass to get the first downs and then hand the ball off to Gore.

Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I highly doubt this...

It more has to do with Hill not wanting to screw up than anything. Singletary doesn't want turnovers...Hill wants to keep his job. So, Hill isn't going to throw deep and possibly get picked off unless he is SURE the WR has beaten his man. Hill will just continue to check down and throw the 8 yard...12 yard pass to get the first downs and then hand the ball off to Gore.

Umm... Did you watch the AZ game? Hill took a number of deep shots and some of those were into double coverage... Hell, Wasn't Bruce covered by 2 guys on that 50 yard reception?

They better let him throw it on the Vikings because I do not see Gore getting big yards this game, their whole team is just good against the run, it's pretty scary, their pass defense is nothing to rave about.

It would be awesome if Hill pulls another rabbit out of the hat, and gives us a week 16 vs. Rams performance again .

This is very true. I live in Minnesota and watch their games, we will not run against them. We have to pass and pass often if we are going to win. If we go in with the mentality of, "run at all cost" there will be a lot of 3 and outs and our defense will get worn down.
Share 49ersWebzone