There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Open up the playbook.

Last year after Shaun Hill took over the QB position, even Martz said that he was impressed by the things Hill could do on the field, he didn't think he could make some of those throws.

This year seems to have the same scenario; our OC doesn't trust Hill. We will not be able to win 10+ games with only throwing 2 deep balls, and it's not even the deep balls, barely any 20+ yard throws...last year there wasn't a game that Hill didn't have at least one passing play of 20+ yards. This year, beside the deep ball to Bruce, no other 20+ yard passing plays...

If we do not open up the playbook against Minnesota, we are gonna be in for a long day. There's a reason why no back since Sanders in '81 ever had 2 rushes for 75+ yards; and don't expect to see something like this for a while again.

We need to go into some 3-4 WR sets and attempt to throw it down field, that doesn't mean come out in a 3-4 WR set, but at least audible into it? Motion Gore into the slot? Once in a while throw a post route in there? Idk...but we can't possibly think we will be able to go out and run like this every week, especially against teams like the Vikings.

Free Hill!
I'm going to go ahead and say....

if you free hill, and open up the playbook, hill will be on his back more often. the more he gets laid out, the closer we are to seeing Alex Smith in there.

Free Alex.
I think hill is the one who has been holding back some
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

if you free hill, and open up the playbook, hill will be on his back more often. the more he gets laid out, the closer we are to seeing Alex Smith in there.

Free Alex.

yes free alex, throw his ass into the free agent pool so Davis can get some backup reps.
Originally posted by Jax49er:

how so?
I agree... I'd love to see them pass the ball the entire first quarter. Talk about unexpected...

Free Shaun
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

how so?

by holding on to the ball and taking the sack instead of forcing some throws which could result in a turnover.

how so?

by holding on to the ball and taking the sack instead of forcing some throws which could result in a turnover.

so you would rather him force throws and get a turnover instead of taking the sack and giving us another play?
Originally posted by valrod33:

how so?

so you would rather him force throws and get a turnover instead of taking the sack and giving us another play?

nope, i never implied that. hill is doing just what he should be doing. 2-0 baby!!

how so?

agree.
last year after taking over the QB job, in every game he threw over 200 yards, with a s**tty oline and a banged up Gore.

Raye needs to let this guy throw, he ain't no Favre in his prime, but he's better than what people make him out to be...you cannot be a QB at the NFL level if you are that bad. I'm pretty sure every QB in the NFL has an above average arm.

What separates some of these QBs from the good/great ones is game knowledge, leadership, pocket presence, having touch when throwing a football, and being poise; it's not all about JRussel "throw it 80 yards" lol.
Given Hill's limitations, you can't open the entire playbook, just the parts where he hands off to Gore and throws short to medium-short passes.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Free Alex.

YES! open up that play book!
nvm
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Given Hill's limitations, you can't open the entire playbook, just the parts where he hands off to Gore and throws short to medium-short passes.

What limitations are those?