There are 216 users in the forums

Flying under the radar

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I love when ESPN or anyone else does not give the niners any credit thus we fly under the radar. In 06 or 07 we were supposed to be good, got alot of hype, Did s**tty.
This year no one talks about us...hey were off to a good start lets keep flying under.
What would you rather have, Alot of talk about us (Mabie JINX?) or fly under the radar?
Originally posted by JMC52:
I love when ESPN or anyone else does not give the niners any credit thus we fly under the radar. In 06 or 07 we were supposed to be good, got alot of hype, Did s**tty.
This year no one talks about us...hey were off to a good start lets keep flying under.
What would you rather have, Alot of talk about us (Mabie JINX?) or fly under the radar?

Actually, everyone is talking about us, and most of it is very good.
i love when we fly under the radar too, but sadly, we're not this year either.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i love when we fly under the radar too, but sadly, we're not this year either.

At the beg. of season we were
Im not saying I dont like to hear the good stuff people say about us, But it just seems like bad luck
[ Edited by JMC52 on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM ]
I hate flying under the radar: that means we suck.

I want EVERYONE and their momma talking about us because that means we are legit.
We will prove what we are over the next few weeks
Were still under the radar with Vegas they have us -7 against the Vikes only the Browns, Chiefs and Panthers are bigger underdogs.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
[ Edited by SF2AZNiner on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:14 AM ]
I love it. I hope we are disrespected and overlooked all year long...all the way to a divison title and a playoff spot.
If you think about it, we've been getting even more coverage because we're playing the Almighty Favre. Even if we beat the Vikings, I don't think we'll get the mainstream coverage we've been getting the past week until later in the season when we play another high profile team (and if we keep winning of course). Next week it'll be the Rams!
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
If you think about it, we've been getting even more coverage because we're playing the Almighty Favre. Even if we beat the Vikings, I don't think we'll get the mainstream coverage we've been getting the past week until later in the season when we play another high profile team (and if we keep winning of course). Next week it'll be the Rams!

I think the more interesting match up is AP vs Gore and AP vs. Willis. Favre is an afterthought.

I don't think the 9ers are flying under the radar, especially since they invented that thing called the internet.
Niners have been getting A LOT of hype on ESPN, more than I've seen in recent years, and if they beat the Vikings this weekend, sportsnation will be on the bandwagon...

and it also helps the hype that Mike Singletary's having some success as a HC.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Were still under the radar with Vegas they have us -7 against the Vikes only the Browns, Chiefs and Panthers are bigger underdogs.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

The odds are to make people bet. Not an accurate interpretation of what is going to happen in the game.
who are these niners you speak of? Never heard of them before on ESPN. Do they play baseball or something.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:
who are these niners you speak of? Never heard of them before on ESPN. Do they play baseball or something.

Share 49ersWebzone