There are 402 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners getting noticed and alot of attention now.

Seems the niners are attracting attention now...this team is heading in the right direction...just a few links i found.

The Nutcracker isn't ballet.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=4494931

Crabtree is becoming less valuable and less needed to the niners

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090922&sportCat=nfl

All of a sudden, the Niners are the talk of the NFC, the new sexy pick in Vegas, with players who in the past didn't exist to fans outside the Bay Area (Frank Gore!) now getting fantasy looks. Things have changed. Quickly.

I just hope Crabtree is not using JaMarcus Russell's situation two years ago as the blueprint for his holdout. This ain't the Raiders. This team is and will be different.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=hotread2/crabtree

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index#
Yeah, the Niners are getting a lot of attention for now and they will continue to get attention if they can beat the Vikings. If they don't beat the Vikings then they will start only talking about Crabtree again.

I wish with all this attention they would show the game on Fox this Sunday here in Houston, but Fox isn't showing any of the morning NFC games here. Oh well.
One truth about a bright light is that is does illuminate everything that might not have been seen before, a sobering experience.
It's also because they are getting things done in an uncharacteristic fashion, using smashmouth football.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
It's also because they are getting things done in an uncharacteristic fashion, using smashmouth football.

teams are starting to see the hard hitting defense singletary is putting on the field
Singletary's offseason training has and is apparently working.
Espn has colleen dominguez in santa clara at our practice facility. thats the first time i remember them doing that in a long time. doesnt seem like theyve done anything like that in a long time.
lets see what happens this weekend before getting our panties all moist.
If we beat the Vikes after Sunday the entire league will be slobbering all over our knobs, and our franchise will be getting the respect it deserves with Vernon Davis Pepsi commercials, top-ten niner moments on ESPN, and a re-slotted Sunday Night Football game against the Falcons on Oct. 11th at Candlestick Park (Cause Jets & Miami would be a crapshoot compared to two teams that might be facing eachother with 4-0 records up to that point).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If we beat the Vikes after Sunday the entire league will be slobbering all over our knobs, and our franchise will be getting the respect it deserves with Vernon Davis Pepsi commercials, top-ten niner moments on ESPN, and a re-slotted Sunday Night Football game against the Falcons on Oct. 11th at Candlestick Park (Cause Jets & Miami would be a crapshoot compared to two teams that might be facing eachother with 4-0 records up to that point).

we can only dream...it would be nice if it came to that reslot of sunday night
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

October 11th would be a bit early.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

If we keep winning, I'm almost positive we'll get a Sunday Night re-slot down the line (the most reasonable circumstance would be against the Eagles in week 15).

I remember back in 2007 we were supposed to have our first Sunday night game (since 1998) against Tampa Bay, but we went down the crapper, and Washington @ Minnesota was re-slotted cause both teams were fighting for the second wildcard spot up to that point.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

October 11th would be a bit early.

Very true, but there would be tons of storyline behind this game. Two teams 4-0 (if it turned out that way), SF coming off of a 4-0 record they haven't accomplished since 1990 (with all of our bandwagon fans returning/packing the Stick), going into week five against Matty Ice (who might also be 4-0 up to that point). That premise looks far more sexier than the Jets @ Miami.

Ughh now I need to shut-up, I don't want to jump ahead.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM ]
Part of me wishes the media would stfu and let us quietly knock off everyone on our way to the playoffs.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Part of me wishes the media would stfu and let us quietly knock off everyone on our way to the playoffs.

making the playoffs would make this year great...going deep even winning just one playoff game is a bonus.
This is nothing compared to how it will be if we beat the vikes this week