There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive Line- New Coach Same Results?

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Yeah. I don't think our Oline has been that bad. Everyone gets beat one time or another. I blame the lack of a audible and hot read at the line. Haven't really seen it at all. I think it has to do with it being a new offense also.

I mentioned hot reads in my post but that's a good point about the new offense. Our whole offense is always in flux, new scheme, new oline guys, uncertainty at quarterback.

The thing that is an improvement over years past is the play of Staley. Having a fixture at LT certainly helps.Hopefuly Rachel can develop into a fixture on our o-line as well as the year progresses. He's just so inconsistent.

Considering that Raye just installed his offense a little more than two months ago and that every player is still learning and gelling, they havent looked that bad in pass protection. They have struggled at times but the same can be said for any position. Its on Raye to hide their flaws and capitalize on their strengths.
NOT ONE f**kING 3RD DOWN CONVERSION TODAY.

I don't care who you are, when you can't convert on 3rd down you will not consistently win in the NFL.

I HATE THIS OL.

Let me just go on the record and say that. This OL is a JOKE. JOKE. They can't run when they need to and they can't pass protect when they need to. Shaun Hill MANUFACTURED those plays on his own and the 49ers are still a laughing stock at the OL position.

I know Singletary wants the defense to ice games away but in the 4th with 1:44 to go YOU HAVE TO CONVERT ON 3RD DOWN. Raye was an idiot for calling 3 runs in a row, but the OL was piss poor all game.

It really goes to show you that this defense is really good - it's the offense that's so bad, opponents throw and run against them - they're on the field so long that statistically, the D will always be skewed.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
NOT ONE f**kING 3RD DOWN CONVERSION TODAY.

I don't care who you are, when you can't convert on 3rd down you will not consistently win in the NFL.

I HATE THIS OL.

Let me just go on the record and say that. This OL is a JOKE. JOKE. They can't run when they need to and they can't pass protect when they need to. Shaun Hill MANUFACTURED those plays on his own and the 49ers are still a laughing stock at the OL position.

I know Singletary wants the defense to ice games away but in the 4th with 1:44 to go YOU HAVE TO CONVERT ON 3RD DOWN. Raye was an idiot for calling 3 runs in a row, but the OL was piss poor all game.

It really goes to show you that this defense is really good - it's the offense that's so bad, opponents throw and run against them - they're on the field so long that statistically, the D will always be skewed.

bump this sh*t
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home