Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peterson gunning for Willis?

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by doodle:
AP is a class act, the title is misleading. It's reasonable that he'd be looking forward to this since he got shut down the last time we played.

this

Note to peterson, our defense is much better now than the last time you played us.

I think he knows this since he said just that in the interview:

Quote:

Peterson says he's a much better runner than he was two years ago. But he also says he thinks the 49ers have a better defense than they had in 2007.

This is a horrible misleading title to this thread. And now we have folks jumping to conclusions.
ppl just need to learn how to read...
Very rarely in this game we love do we see to natural forces like Patrick Willis and Adrian Peterson battle not for a win, not for pride, money or bragging rights. They battle for football this is what makes football my favorite sport the rare events in which you 2 human trains on a collision course to greatness.
Imagine of Patrick Willis was a running back instead of a linebacker.

I can watch this gif over and over again.

-9fA
He must of been on a good one when he said that

he's done done did it!!!!!!!

WILLIS SICK EM!!!!!!!
Just wanted to reiterate what some have already pointed out. First, read the frickin' article BEFORE commenting on it. Petersen does nothing but praise our D and Willis and acknowledges that while he's a better back, so our defense has improved as well. He just wants to atone for the crappy game he had and welcomes the challenge of going against one of the, if not the best, in Patrick.
Our D will have to look elsewhere for motivation (can anyone say Singletary?), unless of course, they just read the title and not the content, like many 'Zoners apparently.
I wish the guy the best in every other game but this one, or in any type of competition with Gore, 'cause then it's Frank all the way!
Originally posted by OO9ers:
Very rarely in this game we love do we see to natural forces like Patrick Willis and Adrian Peterson battle not for a win, not for pride, money or bragging rights. They battle for football this is what makes football my favorite sport the rare events in which you 2 human trains on a collision course to greatness.

I'm sure Micash Moneytree "gets it", you know things that transcend the game and mean more than money
AP is respectful but if I were him I would have left the part about him going #1 and Willis going#2 right behind him in the draft out of the discussion. Willis is a class act so I doubt he'll say anything regarding that-his play usually says quite enough-ask Matt-but I'm guessing that will be something PWilly will want to disprove. I bet AP is rethinking the whole draft hierarchy scenario after Sunday's game.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by doodle:
AP is a class act, the title is misleading. It's reasonable that he'd be looking forward to this since he got shut down the last time we played.

this

Note to peterson, our defense is much better now than the last time you played us.

I think he knows this since he said just that in the interview:

Quote:

Peterson says he's a much better runner than he was two years ago. But he also says he thinks the 49ers have a better defense than they had in 2007.

This is a horrible misleading title to this thread. And now we have folks jumping to conclusions.

Did you know you are about the 10th zoner to point this out? We got the message however we are also getting pumped up for the game. I didn't write the title so relax.
maybe that gets our d fired up, going to be a showdown!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I can watch this gif over and over again.

-9fA

There is no way P-Dub could have executed any part of this play any more perfect than he did. Simply amazing.
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
It seems like most of you didn't take the time to read the article. Peterson does nothing but compliment Willis, saying that he feels they play the game the same way. I says that if their draft was redrafted he's go first (expected) and Willis would go second. The title is very misleading.

Serious. Does anybody read anymore?
Originally posted by OO9ers:

I got a little misty reading this.

Oh i can't wait until Sunday.....i hope Willis is taking this personally and give Perterson everything he got...
[ Edited by Juniorminime on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM ]
Ohhh Jeebus...does anyone remember we got s**t stomped back in 07 regardless of holding AP to 3 rushing yards? Lets just win the friggin' game?