There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis the 3rd best defensive player in the NFL?

Scroll all the way down.

The story's pretty good too, but do you guys agree with the statement that Willis is third best in the league?

Side note: He also ranks Singletary as the second best head coach.
[ Edited by chimp914 on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
I'm not sure I agree with either list. I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I think Brady and Ware belong somewhere on those lists.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM ]
  • 505_Niner
  • Info N/A
Based on stats for the first two games of the season, Odom and Peterson appear to be better on paper. But with a doubt, I would have to go with Willis as the best D-Player in the league right now. This guy is a pro bowler who has made an impact since his first day in the league. Willis will constantly be great, but can you say the same about Odom and Peterson?


Been reading the Zone for two years and barely signed up !
Originally posted by 505_Niner:
Based on stats for the first two games of the season, Odom and Peterson appear to be better on paper. But with a doubt, I would have to go with Willis as the best D-Player in the league right now. This guy is a pro bowler who has made an impact since his first day in the league. Willis will constantly be great, but can you say the same about Odom and Peterson?


Been reading the Zone for two years and barely signed up !


Welcome!!!
I believe Willis is gonna be a STRONG candidate for defensive player of the year.

I remember many folks here saying that they wanted the 49ers to after Peterson , awhile back.
  • 505_Niner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by 505_Niner:
Based on stats for the first two games of the season, Odom and Peterson appear to be better on paper. But with a doubt, I would have to go with Willis as the best D-Player in the league right now. This guy is a pro bowler who has made an impact since his first day in the league. Willis will constantly be great, but can you say the same about Odom and Peterson?


Been reading the Zone for two years and barely signed up !


Welcome!!!

Thanks!
...and right below it Mike Singletary the 2nd best coach in the league behind Tomlin in Pittsburgh and in front of everyone else!!! Go Niners!!
If we're talking about best defensive players in the NFL right NOW.....

My list would be (in no specific order)

Patrick Willis
Troy Polamalu
Shawne Merriman
Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mentions.. since they're getting a little older.
Ray Lewis
Julius Peppers
Originally posted by bigmike55:
If we're talking about best defensive players in the NFL right NOW.....

My list would be (in no specific order)

Patrick Willis
Troy Polamalu
Shawne Merriman
Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mentions.. since they're getting a little older.
Ray Lewis
Julius Peppers


replace merriman with demarcus ware and you got a deal.
willis will be on the top at the end of the year, and we will have a top ten defense
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
If we're talking about best defensive players in the NFL right NOW.....

My list would be (in no specific order)

Patrick Willis
Troy Polamalu
Shawne Merriman
Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mentions.. since they're getting a little older.
Ray Lewis
Julius Peppers


replace merriman with demarcus ware and you got a deal.

If Willis can keep creaing turnovers he will become one of the best defenders for sure! Patrick Willis is a beast!
  • jpyaks
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
If we're talking about best defensive players in the NFL right NOW.....

My list would be (in no specific order)

Patrick Willis
Troy Polamalu
Shawne Merriman
Albert Haynesworth

Honorable Mentions.. since they're getting a little older.
Ray Lewis
Julius Peppers

Nnamdi Asomugha is probably the best player in the league relative to his position. The man is far and away the best cornerback in the league.
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
I believe Willis is gonna be a STRONG candidate for defensive player of the year.

I remember many folks here saying that they wanted the 49ers to after Peterson , awhile back.
Originally posted by 505_Niner:
Based on stats for the first two games of the season, Odom and Peterson appear to be better on paper. But with a doubt, I would have to go with Willis as the best D-Player in the league right now. This guy is a pro bowler who has made an impact since his first day in the league. Willis will constantly be great, but can you say the same about Odom and Peterson?


Been reading the Zone for two years and barely signed up !

agreed! welcome bro