LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

ESPN power rankings!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just checked the power rankings on espn and they have the niners ranked 15th over the bears,titans,and cardinals just to name a few..... I don't know about you guys but I was tired of seeing us at 29th or lower every year. If we beat the vikes I predict we jump to 10th at least.
[ Edited by Snider8706 on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130251

It was 13 this morning
I dont think we break the top 10 until we prove we can throw the ball consistantly
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I dont think we break the top 10 until we prove we can throw the ball consistantly

Ranking aren't based on statistics but wins and losses...
Power Rankings are a joke, they are a reflection of how much media attention a team is getting, and most of the time that is based off of a record.

ESPN had the Falcons and Dolphins as the last place teams on their rankings before the start of the '08 season and both teams made the playoffs. The important rankings are those in your division.
It is still very exciting to see the niners finally be rated in the top twenty teams. It has been quite a long time since the niners were ever ranked that high.

Forget about rankings.........I don't think we'll be a very good team if we can't throw it consistently .
  • ndp9
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninerempire25:

Forget about rankings.........I don't think we'll be a very good team if we can't throw it consistently .

Fully agreed. We need to get the ball in the air early and often. The run game is there and will continue to be. I think the Vikes will force us to start throwing.
Originally posted by jcs:

Ranking aren't based on statistics but wins and losses...

True that. Im just saying that we wont be considered a top ten team period untill we can show we can win throwing the ball. Thats when will b considered a true top ten.

we just did. NFL.com ranked us 9th on the power poll.

• 49erFanNIndy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ndp9:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:

Fully agreed. We need to get the ball in the air early and often. The run game is there and will continue to be. I think the Vikes will force us to start throwing.

Hopefully, it's not too late when we start throwing.
We can crack the top 10 if we beat the Vikings!
We just got some love on Mike and Mike on how we aren't getting any respect in the polls because they play the late games that no one watches. They also pointed out that we are solid on both sides and beat the 2 teams that were supposedly supposed to be the only 2 in a race for the division
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
My power rankings top 8 teams in the league after two weeks

Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts
Minnesota Vikings
NY Giants
NY Jets
San Francisco 49ers

I have the 9ers number one in my other ranking when I list all the 2-0 teams alphabetically by team nickname

49ers
Broncos
Colts
Falcons
Giants
Jets
Ravens
Vikings

power rankings
I can't wait too see where we are ranked after 8 games. The Vikings & the Falcons are gonna be some very good games to see just how good we are.
Share 49ersWebzone